0| 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

For as long as he can remember, Zilla Jackson has hated Ni Ghidorah since they were in seventh grade. From simple teasing to physical altercations, the two have constantly been fighting tooth and nail at each other, clawing each other up like wild animals. From one simple mistake leading into a lifelong rivalry, to costing them almost everything they've ever had. How they hadn't killed each other or ended up in the hospital yet was unbeknownst to teachers and peers, but most thought because their siblings had kept them in check the entire time.

The thing that Zilla hated most about Ni was how he looked. He hated his name ("who the fuck names their kid the japanese word for two!?"), he hated his skin--how it was a bright yellow and glistened like gold in the sunlight--, he hated his eyes--how they were blue like the sky--so he did him a favor and messed up one of them, now making it as white as a ghost. He hated how his big wings and his long horns made him look like a god, big and strong. Different from the others, like a king.

Zilla would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous of his high status and respect, all because of his royalty.

So here they were, Zilla at the ripe and wrinkly old age of nineteen, and Ni at the just-as-old age of twenty and both were practically suffering already months into their freshman year at university, the former having regretfully taken AP classes in high school and suffering through already-learned information, while the latter always did his work but never took extra credit or honors, so now he was having to do extra work.

Zilla was hanging out with his usual group of friends, all of them from childhood. While there was a gap in between their relationship, it had been mended after Zilla and his older brother, Godzilla, had both returned back to Portland last year. Mothra, who is 18, is Godzilla's girlfriend and a lifelong friend of the two, having known them from elementary school and was a family friend of the Jackson's. Rodan, who is twenty, is a friend from elementary school also and seemingly gravitated towards the group. Kevin is the unfortunate younger brother of Ni Ghidorah and is relatively a sweetheart. He seems to have a soft spot for Rodan, and Mothra. Anguirus and Baragon, who are both nineteen, are dating and have the healthiest relationship out of anyone. Though Baragon was the first one to fall victim to Ni's terrifying demeanor, the poor boy was lucky enough Zilla had made it in time to save him from being harassed permanently.

There was one other person, Godzilla, who is only a year older than Zilla. The two have looked after each other for years, having been family and all that, yet it was only when Zilla began his rivalry with Ni did he begin drifting apart from him. Though he was currently missing, Anguirus seemed to be the first one to express concern for his absence.

"Hey, Z," He said, and Zilla looked up from his phone. "Where is your brother?"

"I don't know." The young man paused. "I figured you would have known, considering you're his brother and all that."

Zilla rolled his eyes, "Exactly." He said, "I'm his brother. He doesn't tell me anything."

"Well that's a problem," Baragon added, eyes still fixed on the book in his hands. "You guys should have a healthy level of trust between one another."

"Yeah well, I'm not exactly the brother of the scariest person in this building, Bara."

Baragon rolled his eyes and dropped his ears.

"Tch, I'm pretty sure Destoroyah forced you to get along with her," Rodan added, looking back down at his phone. "Y'know, since she's older and bigger and stronger, and could probably crush everyone in this room at the moment."

"Yeah yeah, I get it. My sister is old and scary."

"She is a senior here so..." Anguirus turned his head to the side. "How old is she again? Twenty-two or twenty-three?"