24| 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒅

Suicide and elements of domestic violence warning.

   Why? Ni thought. Why did it have to be ME? He cursed himself internally and as he wept in the bathroom he tried not to think about what was going on. Anytime he heard someone enter, he ran into a stall and kept quiet so as to not disturb anyone, or possibly let something slip. He was wondering when his brothers were going to get on the train of information. At this point, he felt like he wanted to DIE. He didn't go back into his dorm for fear of seeing Zilla there, so he opted to go to someone elses instead, maybe a trusted friend or family member. Maybe...    Maybe Ichi. He was trustworthy, right?
    Ni felt like he was cursed. Ever since he was a little kid he had always been brought upon with bad luck, sometimes incidents that there were no way of avoiding. Every argument he has with Zilla always resulting in him losing because he got his ass beat one way or another, or it was the fights with his Mother at home that made him resent his whole family. Even when his brothers never offered any comfort, he thought he was cursed with misfortune his entire life. Perhaps he wasn't one for the bright side, and it was merely just a fluke if he ever got lucky.
    As soon as the kids in the bathroom left, Ni climbed out from under the locked stall door, and booked it down the hallway pushing past crowds of people. As he ran through, he could feel eyes peering down all over him, and he felt holes being burned into his body. He could also feel tiny little droplets of water coming from his eyes, and it was at that moment he knew he had finally lost it. Peer pressure and society was now beginning to cave in on the poor noble, and even though he had so much power he knew he couldn't do anything.
    When he finally reached the boys dormitory, he remembered it was a passing period and Ichi would most likely be in there to grab a couple of things. It was early in the morning though so some kids would still be asleep or maybe getting up from the dorms and walking down the hallways, which meant they could spot him and thunder him with questions, but he ignored every ache and bone in his body.
    Ni banged on the door relentlessly and heard someone shouting from inside. The thick Russian accent that came from behind the door only meant it was one person, and he was somewhat relieved to see the figure standing in front of him.
    "Ni?" Ichi questioned, looking at the sleep-deprived young man in front of him.
    "Hey. I need to talk to you."
    "Oh, come in I guess."
    Ni stopped for a moment and admired the decorations, noticing the trophies and awards on Ichi's side of the room, while the other side consisted of various aquatic statues of sea creatures and books and posters on Godzilla's end of the room. Ni plopped down on Ichi's bed, pinching his nose and groaning from the current exhaustion he was facing.
    "Are you alright?" Ichi said, a tone of worry in his voice. Ni shook his head.
    "No, I'm not," He said, very clearly annoyed, "Everything is going downhill."
    "Is this about what happened on Saturday?"
    Ni froze. He was right, but he didn't want to be. He knew that it had gotten everywhere, because he could hear the laughing and giggling from girls and boys in the hallways when he was running over here, but he internally cursed himself to believe that it wasnt real, and this was all a dream. Not even him hitting himself last night could wake him from this hellish nightmare.
    "Yeah." Ni said, reluctantly.
    Ichi sat down next to him, dropping his backpack, and finally looking at his brother. Ni couldn't see any expression in his eyes, considering they were completely white and devoid of any color, but he knew that he cared, and that was enough to open up to him.
    "I'm such an idiot." He cursed himself. "Why did I do it?"
    Ichi placed a hand on Ni's shoulder, and then moved it to his waist, pulling him into a hug. Ni could only weep into his brother's chest as he cried, wanting to wash all the pain away.
    "Shh..." Ichi shushed him, running his hand along Ni's back up and down ever so slightly in a soothing motion. He then wrapped his wings around his little brother to give a little more comfort. "I'm right here."