26| 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕!

The same day, thirty minutes prior.

"Alright, now don't forget to study for your exams. Next week will be very important..."

The professor rambled on about studying and exams as the bell rang and students got up. Zilla was just happy to finally be over with this dreaded session. Thank god his classes after lunch werent as bad as his first one. Three classes a day- Well, if you included his honors as one. It ranged over both subjects, but was crucial for his degree. His violin was one of his more prized possessions, and music was his favorite subject by far. Well, if you could even call it a subject that was.

As Zilla was packing his bags, a cheerful young woman bounced over to him. She beamed at him.

"Hey, Z!" She said eagerly. Zilla could see the happiness in her face and wondered if something had happened.

"Hey, Mothra. How are you?"

"I'm good!" She smiled at him. "And you?"

"Doing fine." Zilla stated blankly. "I'm pretty overwhelmed with everything that's happening."

"Sorry to hear." Mothra looked up at him with an apologetic look on her face. "Especially with all the rumors and stuff-"

"Yeah yeah, I get it." Zilla cut her off and turned his head away. Neither of them could deny it— The events that had unfolded within the past couple of days was enough to shake everyone. Zilla didn't know why it had so much impact, but he figured it was important. After all, two royals fooling around, especially enemy species, it was bound to go wrong. "Did you need something?"

"No. I was just wondering if you wanted to walk back to your dorm together. Thought you might need some company."

Zilla smiled at the heartfelt thought. "Thanks, but won't they keep you out? Since you're a girl and all that."

"Darling, I'm a princess. My daddy is literally paying for all the employees here. My house is as big as this place, and my mommy and daddy can very clearly afford it!"

Zilla chuckled a little. Mothra was always enthusiastic about her family and it was good to see someone talking about their family members in a good way. Zilla had rarely seen anyone talking good about their family.

"Alright then." Zilla concluded packing his things and slung his backpack over his shoulder. Mothra held onto his arm as a friendly gesture and she rambled on about lots of things.

"...So anyway, and then he said-"

"How is your brother?" Zilla asked, cutting her off. Mothra dropped her antennae.

"He's... fine." She said in a sad tone. Zilla felt bad for asking, noticing her chance in voice. "Just... a little angry all the time."

"How come? I mean- Why is he so angry?"

"Honestly, I have no idea." She said, and let go of her hold on Zillas arm. "He's been struggling living on his own. Ever since Daddy kicked him out when he was seventeen, he told me he's been havin' trouble payin' the bills and all that."

"Damn, that sucks." Zilla looked down at the ground as he continued walking. "How'd he get kicked out? If you don't mind me asking."

"No, it's alright." She said, and latched onto his arm again. "He tried comin' out." She paused, "Bisexual and asexual... and all that stuff. I love him to death, but this is the second time he's been kicked out of a family."

Zilla cringed. He knew what it felt like to be kicked out. To not be loved because of who you are, and he could honestly relate and it was sad. No one should ever need to go through something like that, but because of the way some people's parents were raised it's difficult to be supported unconditionally. Only the lucky ones got to stay with their family.