1

Prompt: Person B holding Person A's hands when they are shaking.

***

Ranboo looked over at his husband. While he was unable to fall sleep, his husband was sleeping peacefully, Tubbo usually was the one who couldn't fall asleep so Ranboo was glad, he watched as Tubbo's face scrunched up. Was he waking up? Ranboo ran a hand through Tubbo's brown fluffy hair, careful not to get his hand caught on his husband's horns. Tubbo kicked a little, accidentally kicking Ranboo in the process which is really not fun especially since Tubbo has hooves, that's why I have bruises on my legs when I wake up, Ranboo thought to himself. 

Tubbo began to mumble some things that Ranboo couldn't make out and tears begin to fall from his eyes, he also began to shake. Ranboo pulled his sleeping husband close and hugged him, "You're okay, wake up Tubs, I'm right here. No one's going to hurt you, wake up." Ranboo whispered to Tubbo as he began to kick more, but Ranboo continued to whisper and hug him.

 He could deal with the bruises from the kicks when Tubbo was okay. Tubbo kept mumbling in his sleep before getting a little louder, "NO!" He yelled before his eyes shot open, sweat dripping off his forehead, Ranboo pulled away from the hug, put his hand on Tubbo's cheek and wiped his tears, ignoring the burning on his thumb. "Hey, calm down, I'm right here, you're safe," Ranboo whispered, concern clear in his voice, he used his free hand to hold Tubbo's hand, Tubbo was still shaking and tears still fell from his eyes. 

Ranboo rubbed his thumb on the back of Tubbo's hand, softly squeezing his hand every now and then, "Breath, Bee, breath, you're safe, I'm right here, everything is okay, I'm right here, cry all you need, I just need you to not hyperventilate okay, I don't want you not breathing right, I don't think you want to not breathe right either, that's not a very good thing." 

Tubbo smiled as he calmed himself down, "D-did I kick you in my sleep? Sorry if I did, m' also sorry I forgot to tell you about my nightmares." Tubbo apologized after fully calming down, Ranboo just chuckled "First of all, forgetting things is my job, second of all, you calm down after having a nightmare and you apologize to me? I'm more worried about you than me." 

Tubbo laughed quietly before asking "What time even is it?" Ranboo turned to the bedside table before turning back to his husband and responded "5:47 a.m." Ranboo desperately wanted to ask  what the nightmare was about, but didn't push it, it was rare Tubbo cried in front of him and he was just glad Tubbo was okay.

***

Story is 452 words :)