ONE

3,000+ years ago:

3,000+ years ago:

"Please, I beg of you leave my brother alone! This is all we have with us!" A young voice yelled, their desperation clear.

That caught my attention. They were probably being robbed. I hate lying thieves. Always taking what doesn't belong to them.

I quickly fly over to where I heard the voice coming from. There was a girl who looked around 15-16 and a little boy who looked no older then 6, that was being pushed around by a man.

I was right, they were being robbed. But since it was right in front of me, those thieves won't be very successful. Quietly landing and making sure my wings were hidden, I folded my arms leaned on a tree and cleared my throat, making sure to change my eye colour.

Everyone's eyes snapped towards me.

"Well hello little girl, what are you doing over there? Why don't you come over here and we can take you back to our place" the thief holding the teen girl said, with an ugly grin on his disgusting face.

His friend laughed at what he said as of it was some funny joke. I scoffed and smirked.

"Why don't you let the two of them go,hmm?" I asked as nicely as I could. They laughed again. Did they think I was joking?

"Please miss, leave! These guys are thieves and could hurt you" the girl cried, whimpering as the mans grip tightened. My face hardened and my lips held an angry frown.

"You thieves never do what you are told unless it's by force. Guess I'll have to make you" I said with a shrug. The cocky smirks dropped from their faces. I almost felt like laughing. 

"Not so smug now, are you?" I said, scoffing. They both let go of the kids and started to make their way over to me. "Why you little-" I cut the theif off by throwing him into a tree, cracking it. Poor tree.

Turning around, his friend went white and looked scared. "Now as I said before, pick your friend up and leave. Before you regret ever being born" I told him, glaring at him. 

He carefully stepped around me and picked up his friend. As he was walking back past me to leave I stepped towards him and scared him, making him almost drop his friend. He ran as fast as he could.

Once I knew they were gone, I walked towards the kids. "Are you two alright?" I asked gently. "We are fine, miss. How about you?" The girl asked.

I smiled at their kindness. "I'm quite alright, darling" I replied with a closed eye smile. "Wow, I love the sound of your voice, miss. It sounds like you've got an accent!" The young one blurted out with excitement. 

"Raiden!" So that must be the little ones name. I giggle. "Oh how rude of us, we haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Itzayana, but my friends call me Ana"  She told me, grinning at me.

"And I'm Raiden!" he told me smiling, pointing to himself. 

"Such unique names. Well, I'm Ayana, It's a pleasure to meet you both." I replied, bowing. Raiden gasps "Your names kind of sound similar!" I smile. "They do, don't they?"

"Why don't you come back with us and meet our parents. The least we can do is make you a meal for helping us with those theifs" Ana asked.

I have nothing better to do so why not, I haven't had a real family meal in centuries. 

"Sure."

Little did I know meeting this family would make me feel real things again. Meeting this family would bring me love, gratitude, loyalty, warmth but also tears, heartbreak, loss and loneliness.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know its a bit short but its only the start. I hope you like it so far, I have some good ideas for this book. :)

-K