CHAPTER 2: New Beginning? Part 1

"Cha, audition tayo?" Yani was giddy and anxious all at the same time. It's her first day in college. The university was filled with freshmen all trying out for the different school orgs and clubs after their orientation in the auditorium. She was with Charmaine, who was also her classmate in high school. "Ha? Sure ka, parang nahihiya naman yata ako.." Charmaine was a bit reluctant.
"Ako din nahihiya ako pero gusto ko." Yani laughed as they peeked inside the room where the auditions were taking place. Yani was resolved to do things differently now. She have had many regrets in high school like not auditioning for the dance troupe and being too shy and reserved with a lot of things. Although she eventually became a cheerleader, it's still different to go through the official auditions. She is yearning for a fresh start. She wants to be brave. She wants to be more.
"Mag-o-audition din ba kayo?" the door of the room suddenly opened. A tall guy with olive skin and bright smile asked them.
"Oo. Freshman ka din?" asked Yani before she caught herself. Naninibago din siya sa sarili niya. She doesn't normally talk to people she doesn't know but she is really trying her best to step out of her comfort zone right now and the guy seemed friendly and wholesome anyway.
"Oo, katatapos ko lang din mag-audition. Pwede kayong mag-sabay." he said looking at the both of them.
Charmaine and Yani looked at each other and smiled. At least they can audition together it wouldn't be so awkward.
"Mahirap ba?" Yani asked the guy again. She was really taking initiative. The guy seemed out of breath. "Paano yung process?"
"They will play three random songs, and you just dance. Madali lang!" he answered.
"Okay, thanks!" Charmaine was already signaling that it's their turn.
"Sige, kaya niyo yan, good luck!" he said as he exited the room.

Yani and Charmaine were all nerves when they stood in front of the two teachers who were handling the audition.
"Names please?"
"Daniella Villaluz, sir and ma'am." Yani volunteered trying to keep calm.
"Charmaine Aguinaldo po." followed Charmaine.
"Okay, good to see you here! I am Theresa Javier, Ma'am Thessa for short and this is Sir Carl Agustin. There's only one rule," the female teacher said. "..three songs, dance your heart out, we judge and let's take it from there."
"You ready?" Sir Carl asked.
"Yes." Yani and Charmaine smiled at each other reassuringly.
"Let's do it!" Yani mouthed at Charmaine. This was her idea after all.
The music started and they began to dance, luckily for Yani she knew the songs well and even danced them before. Hataw na lang sa hataw, and she was really breaking sweat. This was now or never for her. She glanced at her friend to check her out and Charmaine was doing fine on her own. Both were out of breath when the teachers finally hit the stop button.
"Wow, that was great!" Sir Carl and Ma'am Thessa clapped their hands. "We will be posting the results tomorrow. Thank you for joining! "

Yani was well satisfied with her first day in college. At first she was really flustered in attending the university without knowing anyone. But she later found out that some of her classmates in high school were going there also and they also took up the same course! She gradually got together with Charmaine as she was a good friend back in high school. Magkaiba man sila ng barkada noon, di maging issue yun because everyone treated each other like brothers and sisters in their class section. And she was always fond of Charmaine whom she nicknamed 'charming Charmaine.'
Things are looking up for her. A fresh start ika nga nila.