CHAPTER FOUR

waking up the next morning was easy. almost too easy.

jisung blinks away sleep as he yawns, his tired eyes seeing the sleeping figure beside him. he's all peaceful, his brown hair falling into his eyes a little as he adjusted where his head was resting on his arms as he continued to sleep. jisung smiles lazily, still very much half sleep.

when he finally comes to his senses, he realises it's chenle. jisung's eyes widen, a little bit confused on how he ended up in bed with him. well, they were sleeping on top of the covers, but still! he reaches out a hand to shake chenle awake as to question him. he doesn't remember how....

oh, never mind. now he does. how forgetful could he be?

after chenle came to check on him, he stayed with him. he only did because jisung started to cry and he pulled him into a simple yet awkward hug to attempt to comfort him. jisung must've fallen asleep first and instead of going back to the living room, chenle just laid down and went to sleep there. jisung doesn't know why he even bothered to stay.

chenle's eyes open after a minute of shaking him. he doesn't look shocked to see the other on the same bed as him.

"good morning," jisung says with a chuckle.

"morning," chenle says flatly, but his mouth is a near smile. "feel better now?"

jisung nods. "yeah — er — thanks."

chenle just smiles. fully, this time.

for breakfast, it's cereal with a side of mixed fruit. chenle had opened the cans on his own easily and without sweat while jisung poured the cereal and the milk. despite their own moment the night before, jisung expected chenle not talking to him at all. of course, he didn't. not one word. he didn't speak again till the afternoon just before lunch, asking if he could read some of jisung's comic books.

jisung complied and chenle just smiled at him and took over his bed again, this time surrounding himself with several of jisung's thin books. jisung goes right onto his computer and with a huff, he remembers he hasn't touched his mobile phone at all. his mother prefers calling him from the house phone for whatever reason unless he's obviously not home.

he should probably start using it to give him more things to do when he gets bored of his online game that he was, well, almost done with. he logs in and goes to change up his avatar a little — adjusting his hair colour to be lighter,
and adding on the new armour he got from beating the final boss of the dark forest. all else jisung can do is admire his avatar's new appearance before his stomach starts to rumble.

"hey chenle," he calls. "can you open one or so of your cans for lunch?"

he looks back, knowing the other wasn't going to talk. chenle smiles and nods.

and so, chenle opens two cans without struggle and mixes them into the noodles that were submerged in boiling water. jisung mixes it around, focusing on the noodles. chenle, on the other hand, looks at him, tilting his head to the side.

chenle tries to not have his gazes linger longer than he can keep a conversation, which is already short enough. but, this eyes linger, unable to fight his interest. jisung wasn't doing anything at all, just looking down at the steaming food. he traces the shape of his side profile, properly taking in his features.

pretty, he notes.

chenle likes to look at things that are appealing. jisung's pretty appealing to him. He looks away shortly after to avoid jisung thinking he's weird for looking at him for too long. way too long. he has to keep it shorter than how long he can carry a conversation for!