01- prologue

Asante

"Baby i love you were his last words before the crash and his death. We were on our way to Texas for a month." I tried keeping my tears in but they were falling down mercilessly "we had met in high school and ever since than we clicked. We were in so much love and even though i didn't get to say my last goodbyes or i love you i just hope he knows wherever he is that he will always be my forever." I got off the platform. My mother rushed to help me as i cried my tears out.

Nate was my soulmate and he was taken way too soon. Its been a week and i still can't believe that he's gone. That i won't be seeing him everyday for the rest of my life.

I won't be hearing his voice anymore nor will i get his hugs or kisses anymore. And it hurts so much. Laying him to rest today is one of the hardest thing i have ever done.We had so many things to do. We had so many life plans.

We were engaged and were going to get married. We were already starting a family even though I was only twenty-three and he was twenty-five it was love. Our first child was on the way before losing her or him in the accident. Our little sunshine. She/he was only two months old.

I got back to my seat as the service continued. I was sitting with Nate's mother on my side my mother on the other. You could tell how much this had affected Nate's mother and me.

The service continued until one and after that people stayed for drinks and reminiscing about all their memories with Nate. The only thing i could think about were the two people i lost. My love and my baby.

The people that stayed after nine sat in the living room with pictures of him scattered around. Sad smiles plastered on everyone's face as Elizabeth, Nate's mom explained some of the pictures.

"Asante" my mother held my hand "we should go. Its getting late" i nodded and stood up from the couch, walking to Liz to say my goodbyes. She hugged me one last time before i left.