𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐨 𝐓𝐫𝐞 |

Verónica Bianchi

7 years ago

Leonardo's head rose and fell on my chest with each breath I took. Who knows how long we've been out here laying under the stars? All I knew was that it was long enough for the cold breeze to start kicking in and with this thin blanket we had it wasn't enough. But even though my arm felt completely numb due to him laying on it I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The world had gone into complete silence only us and the sounds of our breaths hitching. Leo had been working a lot of late shifts recently with my papa at the docs sending drugs over for the Mexicans. There were times when I told him why don't we run away together to start a new life and just be normal. I never wanted to be the leader of the mafia but it's an obligation according to my father. All I ever wanted growing up was to have a simple life, I've always wanted to move to France to live, to see and learn new things about the world to be independent, but knowing that my papa is breathing constantly down my neck to take over scares the living shit out of me.

"What are you thinking about ojitos?" His soothing voice brought me back to reality.

I couldn't help but smile as I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "Nothing amor, just thinking." I say. "Sometimes I wish I could leave all of this behind with you and start a new family of our own. A place where we don't have to worry about our kids being harmed or dying by getting  involved with the mafia." I rambled on.

Leonardo has always been a sweet man around me but with others he can be a ruthless monster and sometimes it scares me the way he acts but it's the job it has to be that way. Like papa always says "Never show weakness to others no matter what the situation may be."  Before Leo and I decided to be together we told ourselves never to mention work with each other because it would always pain me when he would come home with cuts, bruises and gunshot wounds. I just couldn't be around him like that.

"Corazón if I could just drop everything and leave and give you the entire world because te lo mereces Verónica. But you know we can't, you know Francesco would search the ends of the earth one way or another looking for us. All I ever dream about is you and me getting married, having kids and growing old together. That's all I want with you mi vida I even have our daughter's name picked out." He says with a broad smile on his face.

"I want all of that with you as well but papa will never permit us to get married he would kill you before that even happens." I said with a tear shedding down my cheek. Wiping it I smile up at him and ask him about our little girl's name.

"If we were ever to have a girl what would we name her?" I say with curiosity.

"Elena, after my mother she died when I was a kid so, I told myself from a very young age that I would name my first girl after her." Leo said with a tinge of sadness in his eyes.

"Elena, it's perfect. I love it already." I spoke up excitedly, giving him a quick peck on the lips.    

"Promise me one day we'll get the chance to do that Verónica." He stared at me so profoundly I could feel my skin shiver.

"I promise." I chimed, giving him my pinky finger.

"Te amo." He whispered into my ear.

"Te amo." I murmured.

After saying our "I love you's" we made complete and utter nder the stars all night long until the sun rose up.

...

I woke up from my dream in tears. I carefully got up from bed so I didn't wake Elena. It was the first time in months I dreamt about Leonardo. And it breaks me in two because my heart still yearns for him everyday. I hope he'll cross through the front door and surprise me and Elena. I go downstairs and walk towards the balcony to look at the sun that's rising. When it would get chilly he would wrap his arms around me and tell me everything is going to be alright. But that isn't happening this time around.