𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐨 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐨 |

Verónica Bianchi

*CONTINUATION OF CHAPTER THREE*

"Mommy can abuela Aurora, come with us to see papa?" Elena asked me. I look toward mamá to see what she would say. "I would love to come with you both. I loved your papa very much." She said to Elena, booping her nose.

"Okay, but first we must go to the flower shop." Elena jumps up and down. She loves going to the flower shop. That's why I planted a small garden in the balcony of our room.

"We're leaving in 15 minutes. Let me wash up these dishes so the maids can have the morning off, and we'll be good to go."

"I'm going to get my purse from my room. I'll be right back." Mamá gets up from the chair and walks out of the kitchen to go upstairs.

I continue with grabbing all the plates from the table and putting them in the sink to wash. Elena grabs her stool since she's too short to reach. She picks up the rag and starts to dry off the plates. I would ask Valencia, to help but she's to busy texting whoever the fuck it is.

I quickly finish the dishes and head to my room and pick up my YSL black crossbody bag. Leaving my room to go downstairs I see mamá and Elena, waiting for me.

Mamá and I walk out of the house and I lock the door. We both get inside my car after Elena gets situated in the car seat.

"Mommy," Elena said, looking in the rearview mirror to look at her.

"Yes, baby."

"I wish I knew him."

The small smile on my face wipes away. "I know. I'm sorry."

The rest of the drive is silent until we get to the Dolores flower shop on the upper east side. I park the car in front of the store and leave mamá and Elena in the car.

I walk inside the shop and I see the most beautiful bouquet of red roses through the glass mirror. Every time Leo used to come and see me he would always bring me red roses.

"Verónica, How are you cariño? What can I get for you today?" Dolores is a mature beautiful woman with soft brown wavy hair and has these green eyes. And a very well defined body for her age. She helped me find my way a bit after Leo died. I helped around the shop in the spring when I found out I was pregnant, but then something happened and everything went to hell after that.

"I'm doing well just working and training a lot. I need a dozen of your red roses please" I say with a smile.

"I'm glad you're doing well, and I'll get that for you. How's Elenita?" Dolores loves Elena so dearly. Every time I visit Dolores, she always wants to help out.

"Ella está bien. Elena y mi mamá están en el carro esperando. We're going to visit him today before work." I told her.

We continue talking about her while she prepares the roses. I miss working here. It's so peaceful that it feels secure. She finishes wrapping up the roses in white paper surrounding them.

"Here you go, corazón . It's on me." She says smiling at me.

"Dolores, please let me pay." I pouted.

"Nope, no go on and have a beautiful rest of your day." She comes out of the counter and embraces me in a tight hug.

We say our goodbyes and I head out to go back to the car. I enter it and hand the roses to my mamá. Elena beams with joy at them.

On the way to the cemetery the car ride is silent and once we arrive I park the car in the parking lot. I get out of the car and go to the other side of the car to get Elena. I carry Elena and we walk towards her father's head stone.