Nothing Better Than Defense

Morning rolled by rather quickly for shadow's taste. On any other particular day, Shadow wouldn't have minded being awake early in the morning but due to last night's event; he was VERY tired. Rather than staying in bed though, the hedgehog had already begun to do his normal morning routine. He wasn't very fond of ever breaking his routine so he did his norm.

Shadow had turned on the stove to heat up the pot of water for his daily caffeine intake. Tails would always tell him that he needed to lay off the coffee, but the hedgehog always disregarded his concerns.

While the water was heating, the ultimate lifeform had made its way to the living room. He picked up the remote from the small coffee table.

With the remote in hand, Shadow turned the TV on. (He wished he didn't)

The TV displayed the Mobius News Channel. Today's hot topic was none other than the blue blur himself. The heading reading as followed

"Mobius Hero: Sonic the Hedgehog had successfully stopped a robot Invasion"

Accompanying the news header was a picture of infamous hero himself. Plastered on the blue hedgehogs face was a smile. He was smiling so brightly. Smiling as if he didn't do something despicable.

Shadows hatred for sonic had only grown after he had found out of the other's action. Shadow resented sonic for leaving behind his so called brother.

His counter part was always out spoken about how much he cared for his friends. How much he loved tails.

Yet if he loved him, why did he leave?

The ebony hedgehog had turned the TV off. Wanting to clear his mind as he wasn't one to start his morning with anger. Before he could calm down though,

An explosion was heard in the distance.

------------------------------------------------------------
Tails did not intend for this to happen. In hindsight, he should've taken a step back and re-evaluate his decision.

Infront of the fox was his tool shed, all destroyed. Pices of wooden planks layed sprawled out, there was smoke rising, and in summary his shed is destroyed.

The two-tailed fox had only wanted to add more security on his shed. He nust have messed up some calculations as it had exploded on his face.

To the relief of the fox, he had acquired no injuries. Though he now had a whole mess to clean up and a new issue.

Shadow.

Look, tails really loved him but something shadow can get a bit over bearing. The hedgehog has developed to be very over protective of him. Not that tails didn't appreciate it, he just wishes that his friend didn't go too far with it.

Due to how loud and big the explosion, tails knew that the hedgehog must have heard and was heading this way.

"OK ok- I can fix this before he arrives! Sure... shadow may be super fast BUT I'm pretty far.."

The fox began to panic clean as he didn't want to face the consequences of destroying his shed. Though as he continued cleaning, tails knew he was getting nowhere. Maybe if he ran and hid?

Just as the two-tailed fox was about to head off and find a hiding place, a certain hedgehog decided to arrive at that time.

"TAILS WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OK? ARE YOU HURT?" Shadow frantically yelled whilst searching for his companion.

"I-im right here" Whispered the young fox.

The panicking hedgehog ran towards tails and checked him everywhere making sure he wasn't hurt. "WHAT HAPPENED? ANY INJURIES? YOU ARENT GOING TO DIE RIGH-" Shadow couldn't even finish his sentence as he was interrupted by tails shaking him.