Nightmare || 🌧Sun Wukong x Reader🌧

Apologies for such a long absence, I got so caught up in writing another fanfiction that I almost forgot I had this book! I have also gotten sick.

This x reader will be gender neutral, they/them.
This takes place in a different au as well.
You, the reader, are being taken care of by Sun Wukong after a tragic event had occured.

Tw// death, nightmares, vomiting, corpse description

\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\※\\

1st Person POV

Cold. It was so cold. Cold and dark. So dark, you couldn't see how dark it was. It made you nauseous with fear. Where were you? You attepted to stand up, almost falling over, but you kept your balance.

"Hello?", you called out quietly. No response. "Anyone?", again no response. You looked to your left, then to your right, recognising now that you were in a dark jungle. It smelled dank and wet, the ground below you muddy and messy.

Then, screaming. You heard screaming. You turned to where you heard it from, beginning to walk towards it worriedly. It sounded like someone you know, but you couldn't put your finger on it.

As you got closer, your heart stopped. You recognized who it was. "Sun!", you yelled, beginning to run towards the screaming. This couldn't be happening. You promised that you wouldn't let this happen again, never again. Then, rain began to pour down.

You ran though the jungle. You yelped as you slipped on wet ground, fumbling back onto your feet to try and get to Sun, now covered in mud. The sound of thunder beat your eardrums, lightning cracking in the sky and stabbing at the earth. You couldn't believe this was happening. Your heart began to sink as you heard Sun's screaming get quieter and quieter.

"No! Sun, hold on!", you screamed, running as fast as your legs could take you. Your chest began to ache, your heart couldn't handle this.

"Please, hold on!", you desperately pleaded as you ran to get to Sun. You could faintly hear his pained cries. You began to cry, tears rushing down your cheeks as you struggled to get to wherever Sun was. It wasn't long before you got to a large cave, Sun's yelling echoing from inside of it.

Without hesitation, you ran into the cave, "I'm coming! I'm coming, Sun!", you cried, scrambling towards the yelling. The cave smelled of moss and rainwater, it smelled wet.

Then it went quiet. Your heart dropped into your stomach as you continued on, frantically trying to get to him before it was too late.

And then, you found him.

Sun sat against wall, hunched over. You rushed to his side, grabbing him by the shoulders, "Sun! I-I'm here!", you whimpered. As you shook him, his head tilted towards you.

His eyes were gone. Your eyes widened and you let out a shriek, standing up and looking at him. A crack of lightning from the outside had revealed his chest had been caved in completely with its light, also revealing blood on your hands.

You backed away from the corpse, falling to your knees and vomiting. You could'nt do anything but begin to wail and beg for this not to be real. Your head pounded with pain as you called out to any gods that would help, but no answer. Only your own echoed screams taunting you.

"Y/n.", a voice spoke. You lifted your head to see Sun standing above you, glaring down at you with his eye sockets. You fell back with a yelp, hitting your head on the ground below you. Sun took another step towards you, putting his cold, dead hands on your shoulders.