Chapter 8.

Lilac POV.

It's a nice starry night and the girls are asleep.

I feel arms wrap around my waist and spin me around.

I laugh and look and see a cloaked figure.

Lilac“ *confused* Augustine?

The face becomes bone like and jumps at me.

*Lilac wakes up*

Lilac“ *gasps and pants*.

Julieta“ *wakes up* Are you ok?

Lilac“ I'm fine I just need some air.

I get out of bed and head downstairs and walk outside and start breathing heavily.

Lilac“ I'm a good mother I'm a good mother.

*Flashback*

Lilac“ MIRABEL WHERE ARE YOU!?

Alma“ Calm down Lilac you should focus on Luisa and Isabella the gifted-.

I glare at Alma and she backs away.

Lilac“ Say that again!

Alma slaps me across the face and I look at her with anger I grab her hair and slam her face into the table.

Mirabel“ Mamì?

I stop and look and see my girls looking at me with shock and fear.

Lilac“ Sweeties this isn't-.

Mirabel runs upstairs crying.

*Later*

I walk back to Casita with Augustine and I notice two men they walk towards me and grab me.

Augustine“ WAIT WHAT ARE-.

Alma“ Her temper has been a threat to our family so she needs to be under control!

Lilac“ NO I AM NOT GOING *looks at Augustine and Julieta* DON'T LET HER NEAR MY BABIES SHE'LL RUIN THEM SHE'S GOING TO RUIN THEM!

*End of flashback*

And that was the last time I saw my babies I shiver as the wind brushes past me.

Alma ruined my life the needles the pills the therapy sessions all for no reasons sure I had anger but she neglected my Mira.

I was so glad Mirabel didn't get a gift she COULD'VE had a childhood but instead neglected.

Augustine“ Amor are you ok?

Lilac“ I can't live in that Casita.

Augustine“ What are you saying?

Lilac“ *faces Augustine* I'm moving out and I'm moving back in my old house.