His Reflexes

"Sorry I got us kicked out." Hidan apologizes.

"It's ok."

"I knew you'd say that." He said smugly. You smile at him.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really." You looked several inches up to meet his eyes.

"Do you want me to drop you off at your house? I'll walk you there." He offered. Neither of you have a car. Neither of you could afford one, so it was sweet of him to offer to walk you home in the dead of night.

"Ok, thanks." You say politely.

"Will your parents be mad your out so late?" He asks.

"I don't know. They are gone on a business trip, and won't be back for days." You explain.

"Ok. Your spending the night at my house. It's decided."

"WHAT?"

"I'm not letting you be alone in a house for three days! That's three whole days! What if your house is robbed, or you get kidnapped, or there is a... Peeping Tom!"

"Wow. Over protective, much?" You laugh. "But yeah, that would be cool."

"Good. Because it's what's happening!" He says.

You walk home with him, and start to shiver. No doubt, it was under forty degrees, and you were freezing.

"Do you have a heater in your house?" You ask still shivering.

"Yes, I do." He says. He looks at you for a moment, and takes off his hoodie. It was black with a red cloud on the back.

He slipped it over your shirt without saying anything, and you make it easy for him by putting your arms and head through the right holes because you were still so freezing.

"Thank you." You began to warm up.

"Anytime your freezing your ass off, just tell me." He said.

"But what about you?" You ask, worried about his well-being.

"I'll be fine. I'm immortal, remember? I can't freeze to death, but you can. So it's more important you use my cloths when your cold than me." You blushed for some reason at the thought of wearing his cloths. Weird.

"Thank you. I still don't fully understand the immortal thingy, but if you need to stab yourself, you can count me out." You said stubbornly.

"Ok, fine. Lord Jashin will be disappointed in you though." He said gloomily.

"Well sucks for him, then." You smiled and kept walking. You rested your head on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"Are you still cold?" He said. You'd never seen this side of him. He was normally so cocky, and a self centered jerk. Not that he wasn't anymore, but just less. Surprisingly, he was capable of being nice, and sweet.You kinda liked that.

"No. Thank you so much. Your doing good too?" You ask.

"Yes. And if I start to get cold, it will be ok. We're almost home, so I would only be cold for a second." He explained to me like I was a toddler.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it." He smiled warmly at you.

You looked up at him, and realized he still had his skates off.

"How are your feet not killing you?" You ask.

"I'm immortal." He answers.

"No really???" You tease. "But how do they not hurt?"

"They do." He said and sat down, right there on the pavement. He took them off, and walked in his socks the rest of the way.

"Where are your shoes?" You ask.