Bumps

Ward's POV:

I look across my seat to hers. I see her smile first. How her lips twitch up to that beautiful smile when she's contended about something. My gaze follows up to her eyes that look away out in the void.
They seems distant.
Her hair,fluttering crazily, are getting out of place with the speed we are flying with. But she seems unaffected by the fact. She's lost in thoughts I can't read. 

I go back to the first time I ever saw her. I smile involuntarily. Trying to hack in into the world's most classified security system, a  security breach led me to her. Stubborn, vain and Miss Know-It-All was what I had understood her as. She was gifted with her crazy computer skills and I realized it was for a reason. But most importantly she was a beautiful person, inside and out whom I got to know in person, being her SO.

S.H.I.E.L.D had been a close family before HYDRA happened. Skye was the one who made me realize what caring for someone so much actually meant. I care for her with all I have but I sure as hell know that her feelings for me have changed.
She thinks I'm a monster. But there is a different side to it she will never understand. A side of me she will never get to know.
I get distracted when Skye calls out to me.
"So, how much more time?" she asks.
"About time...Poland isnt too far away. Yes, the call...the system in our base had it traced." I say, "And my offer's still valid."
She smiles as she rolls her eyes. "Ward, nowhere is too far away when you're with Lola" she says casually, " and why do you keep on telling me about your offer like you're some annoying sales guy!"
I laugh heartily and so does she. Skye's taught me many things. One of them being that a good laugh is never bad.

I pull out our laptops from the backseat and give Skye hers. She smiles. I operate it as to trace our jet and programme it to give Lola access to land in there. I type in the access launcher but an error pops up. I frown not understanding why. I input the alternative route manually.The error shows up. Again.
"Skye...there's a problem in here."
[A/N: Wattpad forgot to post the rest of the update after this -_-]
I turn around to get the shock of my life.
She was holding an I.C.E.R towards me, giving me the deadliest look she's ever given.
"You think you're good, Ward? Well, I'm better." She laughed dry. " Well I suppose you'd think that I'd never know what you've done, did you? And Lola isn't off to Poland...its overwritten to Sokovia, HYDRA's largest base. Now, Grant Ward, tell me honestly. Why are you here and what the hell is going on."
In other circumstances I would have been proud of her handling the situation. She had the bad guy frozen in his seat. And he's helpless, having no idea what was going on. But it's never ends well when you're at the end of an I.C.E.R. But I still had hope from the fact that she held her I.C.E.R towards me even when she had a gun, that could kill me.
Shit.
A small voice in the back of my head said something I detested. 

Play along.

I always knew the job I took up for was never going to end well for me and Skye. She had no trust in me. And now, putting my life up on the line, I play along.

.....................................................................................
Hey people!
I'd posted this but magically half of the part got deleted God knows how. And I had no backup anywhere so had to type out everything again!
QOTD: your favorite avenger?
Mine must be Captain America. And Thor. And*goes on saying every avenger's name*
Thanks for reading!
Skye's POV next chapter!

Xoxoxo
Aaku