Shit I Noticed While Watching Arcane For The Billionth Time

1. Outfit parroting, specifically in Vi and Caitlyn. In Act 1, Vi wears a plain shirt with a cropped, open, hoodie. Who else do we see wearing a similar outfit? Vander in the prologue/bridge scene. He wears a plain white shirt with a blue cropped open jacket.

What makes this most interesting though is that when we do that small-time jump from 10-year-old Vi to 16-year-old Vi we see present-day Vander doesn't match Vi's current assemble. He instead wears a longer, closable, brown jacket. Hinting even more at how Vi idolizes the old Vander, the strong but violent, protector.

With Caitlyn it's different. In episode 2 during the tea scene with her family, we see her wearing a dress ensemble with a blue vest adorned with neat buttons down the side. She also has an upside-down V on her belt. Who else do we see wearing a similar outfit? Her mother has almost identical buttons going down her her blazer, with up-right Vs on her collar fluff. (Her father also has up-right Vs on his suspenders).

Caitlyn's clothing symbolizes how she tries desperately to mimic her parent's clothing/behaviors but her V is upside down.

2. In the shot after Ekko says he has something to show Vi (the "The Price of Our Freedom" mural in episode 7) we are shown gifts the Firelights have put at the memorial. One of those gifts is a Vander plushie! It's in the left corner area.

3. When Silco pours Vander a drink in episode 9 you can spot engravings in the base of Vander's statue. One of those is Ekko's name.

4. If you pay attention to the close-ups of Silco's eye in Act 1 vs in Acts 2 and 3 we can see active deterioration in his pupil. Also, the area of black/mutation has grown immensely. Another interesting detail is that he now wears makeup to cover his black scar. I'm sure that means something in the Arcane symbolism universe.

(Before we go on to the next one just a disclaimer that you're going a find a lot of ones like these that might seem obvious, but I see no one talking about so I'm bringing it up.)

5. Mylo and Claggor tease, pick on each other, and have overall pretty arguments during the entirety of Act 1. As a person with older and younger siblings, I appreciate this accurate detail.

6. During the intro when we see the stone statute, Vander, holding the mini stone statues of Vi and Powder, they are glowing. Lighting up the whole area, implying that Vander's children are the lights of his life.

7. Cool parallel I noticed is that whenever someone insults Vander or Silco's kids/kid they both have facial twitches. Vander's was in episode 2 when Marcus storms into the Last Drop and refers to his kids as "sump rats". And Silco's was in episode 7 when Fin called Jinx a "dog off her leash".

8. In episode 6 when Vi and Caitlyn go to Vi's childhood home you can see the slug monster and crab with razor spikes doodled on the wall by Powder.

9. The scars that Vi has in Acts 2 and 3 aren't just random ones to show how she's a fighter/time has passed. They are the ones she got from fighting Deckard and his crew in episode 1.

10. In episode 1 when the camera shows Vi sitting down after returning home from the failed heist you can spot a family portrait on the back of the wall. We see it again when she stands up to argue with Vander. We see it a final time in episode 9 when Vi is looking around at the tea party, but the glass that protected it has been smashed :(

It's pretty small but from what I can see they are at the docks (which makes sense because Vander canonically likes fishing! 🐟). Vander is standing, leaning on a rowboat, Powder is sitting on the edge of the boat, Claggor is sitting below the boat on the dock, Mylo is sitting beside him on the ground and Vi is standing in between Vander and Mylo.