Chapter 8

"I love you, Cece." Daddy says to me. We're sitting in Yampa Park eating sandwiches on the lawn. "I love you too, Daddy." I tell him.

"Cece! Come pet this cute Golden Retriever I met. Her name is Huckleberry!" Momma beckons me over from across the park. I run over to where she's petting Huckleberry. "Aww, you are cute." I tell the dog. "Thank you!" Momma and I both say to Huckleberry's owner. She waves. We wave back.

We walk back over to Daddy. "Here. I brought these for us." Daddy says with a smile. He pulls out Salt and Vinegar chips. Momma's and my favorite. "OOH! Thank you!" Momma and I both say.

We sit and eat and visit for about another 30 minutes. "Hey, Cece. Thank you so much for being such a great daughter." Momma tells me. "Thanks, Momma." "We love you so much, Cece." My Daddy tells me. Both Momma and Daddy reach over and give me a big hug. This feels so good.

Just then, when everything is perfect, my parents disappear. Right into thin air. Gone. Poof. "Momma?!" "Daddy?!" I yell. No one is in the park anymore. EVERYONE is gone. "Someone help me! Please?! My parents just disappeared!!!!!! PLEASE?!" I scream, desperately into the empty park.

....

Everything goes black. Niall is in front of me. I'm crying my eyes out and screaming as loud as I can. "Shhhhh. Cece. Cece, it's ok. Everything's alright. You're safe. I'm right here." Niall is wearing a loose, blue t-shirt and black sweatpants. 

"No, no. I'm not ok. Everything's not alright. Momma and Daddy are gone. They're never coming back! Nothing's fine!!!!!!!" I yell at him. 

He holds my hands and pulls me close to him. We lay down and he puts my head onto his chest and he starts singing. He's singing 'Little Things' to me. 

He sings the whole song before I finally calm down.

Everyone else runs into the room. "We heard screaming." Liam states as they all run in. They're all wearing sweatpants and t-shirts. 

They all have horrible bedheads and puffy eyes. "I think Cece's ok now. She had a bad dream. She's ok. Right, Cece?" Niall asks me. 

I sniffle, "Right. I think I'm ok. Niall helped me. He woke me up." Niall kisses the top of my head gently.

I fall back to sleep.