Chapter 20

Wow. They literally kept me in my room for nothing.

There is nothing out here!

Well, nothing new.

There's nobody out here either.

I walk over to my Sorrels and step into them with my jazz shoes still on and open the door. It's like 5:00 at night and we're in the mountains, so it's dark. I trudge out to the car in the cold. I open the door and grab my sketchbook.

I start walking back to the cabin. When I get to the doorstep, I see a tiny sunflower sitting on top of the snow. I reach down and pick it up gingerly. I look around for who could have put it here. My friends are probably just playing a joke on me.

When I don't see anyone, I roll my eyes and walk inside with my pretty flower. "Joke's on you, guys! I get to keep the pretty flower!" I yell into the darkness before shutting the door. No less than 10 seconds later, as I am walking to the kitchen to start making dinner, I hear a knock on the door. I turn around and walk back to the door and open it.

Right outside is Niall. He is wearing black joggers and a gray hoodie that says 'Eat, Eat, Repeat' on it. He looks cold. He is holding a bag of 'Old Town Pub' in his hands. It's takeout from my favorite restaurant ever. It serves the best mac and cheese ever! It's got bacon in it!

"Niall?" I ask him. "Yes, I think that's my name." He says and then smiles a stupid little smile. It's pretty cute. Oh god. I'm doing it again. I chuckle, "What are you doing?" I ask him. He smiles as his cheeks go red, "Bringing you your favorite mac and cheese." He tells me.

"How'd you know it's my favorite?" I ask him curiously. "I might have had a teeny bit of help from a few little birdies." He admits. "Come in. You look cold. I'll get forks. I was just thinking about what to make for dinner. Why'd yall make me stay in our room all day long?" I ask. "It wasn't all day, but I can't tell you. I'm hungry." Niall tells me.

After I grab forks we sit in the dinette. "Where is everyone?" I ask Niall as I become the first to dig their fork into the mac and cheese. "Can't tell you that either." Niall says with his fork in the bowl of mac and cheese. I scoff, "What CAN you tell me?" I ask him sassily. "Well, I can tell you that you're very pretty right now and that I love watching you eat." Niall says with his mouth half full and with red cheeks.

I look over at him in surprise. "I love watching you eat too." I tell him while trying not to laugh for fear of choking.

....

When we finish the Mac and Cheese, I start to hear a cello playing. I get up and walk over to the window, "Why is Ali out in the snow playing her cello surrounded by stringed lights on the ground?" I ask Niall. No response.

I turn around to ask him a second time. Huh? He left me. He's completely gone. I take off my jazz shoes and slide into my Sorrels. I grab Ali and I's coats and head outside. "Ali! You need your coat!"

She is wearing the exact outfit Niall was just in opposite colors. The joggers are gray and the hoodie is black. "Oh! Thanks, Cece!" Ali giggles. "What are you even doing out here?!?!?!?!?!? I thought you said that harsh weather, hot or cold, was bad for stringed instruments." I yell at her incredulously.

"Just practicing. I did say that, but it doesn't matter if it's only for a bit." She tells me with a goofy smile on her face.

I hear singing start up. I see the One Direction boys come from around the side of the cabin. They're all wearing what Ali is wearing and they're singing 'Irresistible'. I didn't even realize that was the melody that Ali was playing until now. Wait, no. Not all of the boys, Niall isn't there. They all make their way over to me and give me hugs. They stop singing, but Ali keeps playing.

"Are you excited?" Harry asks me. "Excited for what?" I ask him.

"What do you mean, 'for what?'? It's obvious!" Louis expresses very loudly.

"We're happy for you." Zayn tells me

"He's a great guy. We love him and we love you." Liam tells me.

"What?" I ask them all.

"Don't you know?" Dean asks me as he and Nick and Amanda step out from the shadows on the porch. They're all wearing goofy smiles on their faces and the hoodie and joggers too.

"No, I don't know." I state. Everyone starts singing again.

When they're about to sing that my eyes are irresistible, Niall steps out from the porch and starts singing that part alone. Everyone stopped singing right before then so he could sing it himself. Wow.

When he gets to me, he reaches for my hand. I let him take my hand. He pulls his left hand out from behind his back to reveal a huge, beautiful sunflower. "Remember when you said you'd go on a date with me?" Niall asks me. "Yes." I reply. "Would you like to do it now?" He asks me.

I look at everyone behind me and they're all smiling at me and nodding their heads. I turn back to Niall who looks nervous, "I would love to. What are we gonna do?" I ask him. "Well, how about a night ski? I hear you like them." I smile. "Who told?" I look back and everyone has left us. "It was Nick and Dean." Niall tells me as he winks at me. "I'd love to night ski." I tell him.

"Good. Follow me." Niall tells me and holds out his hand. He leads me to the car and in the back of the car is our ski gear.

....

20 minutes later, we have our ski gear on and we are at the chairlift.

On the ride up Niall says to me, "I'm really happy right now. Thank you for making me so happy."

"Always. You make me really happy too. Thank you for taking me night skiing." I tell Niall.

"Of course!" Niall tells me.

....

In the next hour and a half, we went down 6 runs and now we're tired.

....

We drove home after our 7th run and now we're walking up the steps to the cabin's front door. "Hey, I had a lot of fun tonight. I like you a lot, Cece." Niall tells me right before I open the door.

"I had fun with you too. Thank you so much. I like you a lot too, Niall." I tell him.

He just looks at me. I look at him back. Is he getting closer? No. I think I'm just tired.

Nope. He's totally getting closer. My face is like an inch from his. I raise on my tip toes just a bit as he leans down.

The second his lips meet mine, we hear cheering coming from inside the house.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this book to everyone who did. This was the last chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed it! I think my next book will be something different(not a fanfic). I hope ya'll read it and enjoy it! Thanks!