Chapter 12

Instead of driving back to the cabin, I start driving to Amanda's house because Harry and Liam insisted that I bring her and Nick to stay with us. "The more the merrier!" Harry tells us. "Cool." I say as I pull into Amanda's driveway. Nick's car is here. Nick is also my best friend. I've known him since the 4th grade. I actually introduced him and Amanda when we were all graduating 8th grade. Here we are just 3 years later.

I don't knock on the door. I use my key and just walk right in. "Hey! Amanda! Nick! I'm here and I brought Harry and Liam with me!" I yell into the house. Amanda's younger brother, Taylor, opens his door in the basement and yells to me "Be quiet! I'm trying to pass a new level in my video game!" I roll my eyes at him and he scoffs at me and shuts his door. Amanda has 3 brothers, but the older two, Noah and Ben are in college. Amanda's parents must not be home, I didn't see the minivan or the truck outside. I walk up the stairs and into the kitchen. I grab a water from the fridge and take a sip. Harry and Liam are still standing at the door. Then Harry spots Amanda's cat, Luna and runs over to her. "OOOH! Amanda has a cat!?" I nod my head "Yeah. That cat follows me everywhere. I'm positive she knows I'm allergic. She just LOVES to rub her head on my legs." I tell him annoyedly. "Amanda!" I yell again.

Liam starts laughing quietly. "What?" I ask him "Nothing. You just aren't afraid to tell us what you think of that cat." He points to Luna. "Oh, yeah." I say and smile. Amanda and Nick come out of the living room with bowls of popcorn in their hands. "Movie night?" I ask "Yup." Nick tells me. I walk over to Nick and grab a handful of popcorn from his bowl. "Hey!" He starts to protest. I roll my eyes and, just to make it fair, grab a handful from Amanda's bowl too. Nick is pretty short. He's 5'5 and Amanda is about 5'8. It's funny sometimes to see them standing together.

I walk to Amanda's bedroom and start pulling clothes out of her dresser and closet. "What are you doing?" Amanda asks me. "Get a bag. You, and Nick if he wants to, are coming to stay with us in our cabin behind Lookout Pass." Her and Nick's eyes light up. "Oh, so now you're staying in a cabin. How didn't I hear about this?????" Amanda asks me teasingly. "I sent you a text." I explain. "I don't have my phone." Amanda tells me. I grab a blue hoodie. "This is mine! Why don't you have your phone?" I ask her while I tie the hoodie around my waist so I won't forget it. "I kinda pushed Taylor down the stairs last week cause he wouldn't get out of my way. He deserved it." I roll my eyes and Amanda starts helping me pack her clothes for her. "Ok, Amanda. I bet he did. Taylor just scoffed at me and slammed his door in my face for the millionth time." I state. Amanda grabs a beanie and rolls her eyes, "Of course he did." she says. Nick is just smiling at the two of us and Harry and Liam are just watching intently like its hard to follow the conversation.

....

An hour later, we have managed to get dinner and dessert for Niall, we got burgers and fries for dinner and brownie mix for dessert, and go to Nick's house to pack bags for him too. We're pulling onto the two track road now.

We pull into the driveway and start to unload all of our bags and stuff from the car. Niall runs out barefoot to grab dinner and dessert from me. He grabs the bags and runs back inside the house. When the rest of us get inside the house only 2 minutes later, he and Louis and Zayn are already eating. Zayn is already reading the instructions on how to make the brownies. "Hey 3 of those are for me and Harry and Liam too, ya know. I point to the pile of burgers in the middle of the table. "Ok." Niall says with his mouth full.

"Ooh, cozy." Amanda observes. "We decorated it ourselves!!!!!!" Louis yells through a full mouth. We all laugh and then Louis starts choking. Great. I walk over to him and slap him on the back. He coughs up the food and I hand him a glass of water.

....

1 hour later, we've all changed into our pajamas, eaten dinner, and baked the brownies. We're eating the brownies on the couch when Zayn asks, "So, you went to town to get Amanda?" I shake my head. I reach behind the couch and pull out the bag of presents. I hand it to Louis. "What's this?" Louis asks me. "Those are the birthday presents I've bought and wrapped for you over the past 4 years, I just didn't ever get the chance to give them to you." I explain. His eyes widen. I smile.

He takes one with shiny, red wrapping paper out and starts to open it. When he gets it open he notices that I bought him the 'Grease' DVD. "Thank you!!!!!!!" He yells. He jumps up and gives me a hug. "Yes, yes. Now open the others!" I tell him.

He grabs a pink one with a red bow on it and opens it up. Inside is a soccer ball(football). He gives me yet another hug.

The third present is wrapped in silver wrapping and has about 10 red bows on it. Inside is a gift certificate to a restaurant that sells pasta, Louis' favorite. Another hug follows his thank you.

The fourth, and final, present is wrapped in bright red paper and has a pink bow on top. Inside this present is a small piece of paper and taped onto it is a check for $100.00. Louis looks up at me with confusion on his face. "I thought you might want a new surfboard." I say and his eyes light up. He jumps up for a fourth time to give me a hug. "Thank you, Cece." He tells me. "Yeah." I reply.

....

Amanda and Nick are sleeping on the couch. Liam is calling Ali to tell her good night and I am climbing into bed. Tomorrow is Christmas.