𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐊

Waking up to the sun basking your skin in its warmth as it cuts through the hanging veil of your bay window is a sweet thought, even the sing-song chime of your mother calling you up in the morning as she fries breakfast in the next room over is a nice way to be soothed into consciousness. Although, Steve Harrington screaming "MOTHER FUCKER!" and his ass flattening your face as he falls back onto his bed is not the most gentle of awakenings. Some folk in Hawkins could argue whilst not gentle, it is still a pleasant way to start the day, but with a gut churning hangover. Lori would strongly disagree. 

It was an unfamiliar mixture of warm cushion and hard bone that knocked the girl awake, her eyes bolted open but she was greeted with nothing but darkness and flecks of navy. "What the f~" Her words were muffled by the material smothering her face and so her hands quickly raised to push it away from her. Steve went flying and she was able to watch as he did a roll off the end of his bed, dragging the ruffled sheets down with him as he slammed hard into his hideous chequered wall. "Steve?" 

The brunette's head popped up from beneath his sheets at the foot of his bed, his face holding a look of disdain as one of his hands raised to rub through his dark locks that had just been bashed, "Yeah?" He groaned.

A sheepish laugh bubbled from the girls chest as she inquired, "Um, how- why am I here?"

"That's a little bit deep for the morning isn't it?" He taunted in jest, clambering up until he was once again steady on his feet. Then he stood proudly across from her in just his blue boxers with all of his thick-coated chest on full display for Lori.

She choked at the sight and turned her head to the window, staring out through his blinds and into the greenery beyond his backyard. "I meant in your room, Harrington." Footsteps sounded from behind her and she peered around to look at the man with her peripherals, watching him walk around to his dresser, then her sights went right back to the window. "You were supposed to take me home last night." 

Steve leapt in front of his window, wearing a long sleeved shirt and Lori looked right down to the end of her nose at him as his finger pointed in her face, wiggling side to side in protest. "And I had full intention to..." His hand stopped wafting around, "Until you fell asleep in here."

Typical. "Not good enough. There's no way I just fell asleep in your king sized bed and you let it happen."

His arms folded firmly over his chest, "Oh, well I didn't. You put up a real good fight, see my eye right here? That's gonna bruise." He leaned in close, one finger pointing to his eye, dragging the skin down a little.

Lori narrowed her vision, tilting her head to get a better look at the side of his face, "Where? I-" Before another word could leave her lips, Steve took it upon himself to flick her in the forehead and all concern she had momentarily held for him dropped from her expression leaving her face flat and unimpressed. "Clever. Keep it up and you'll be cruising right towards a real bruising." 

With another chuckle the man shook his head and walked away, sifting through his other drawers in pursuit of some fresh bottoms for the day, and Lori poked at him, "So are you gonna tell me what really happened last night? Or is it something I'd rather not know." 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You tell me. I was drunk, no memory, and now I'm in your bed and this is definitely not my shirt Steve." 

His drawers slammed shut and Steve marched over to beside his bed, sitting down with Lori. His playful smirk had completely left his lips and they now sat in a straight line across his face. "Don't. Don't even go there. Last night you begged me not to take you home because you didn't want your Mom to see you in that state."