Part 15

Edward's POV

What do I do? How do I react in this sort of situation? For the last year or so, my entire reason for living, or not living... Whatever way you see it, is because of Bella. She had caused me to feel things that I never thought I'd feel, considering I had been alone for so long. I had to watch everyone around me fall in love, whilst I remained lonely... That was until Bella returned to Forks. I had gone against my family's advice for her, I had killed and made enemies for her and yet, the moment I locked eyes with a random girl one day... All of that didn't seem so important anymore.

I hadn't wanted to drain her of her blood as I had with Bella, nor did I feel like I would lose control simply by her scent. Instead, her earthy smell was surprisingly comforting, yet intoxicating. My first thought was how stunning she was, her blonde hair flowed beautifully in the wind and her warm smile was so angelic that it seemed almost unfair to have her walking around amongst normal people.

It was frustrating, to say the least. I couldn't get her out of my head, even as I lay next to Bella at night or when I sit beside her during the day. My thought was always with the angel and yet, I didn't even know her name. I spent each day longing to see her, it took everything in me not to walk around Forks in the hope to catch a glimpse of her once again.

Since laying eyes on her, I started to realize a lot of things I didn't before. My family had always claimed that I was blinded by my love for Bella to see the real her, it was obvious that they weren't fond of her but it wasn't until recently that I understood why. Don't get me wrong, she had great qualities, but they were overthrown by her selfishness, her jealousy and her obsession with becoming immortal. What I found odd is that I cannot read the mind of the three girls, and according to Alice, she can only see the future of my mate but not her friends.

So, that leads me to now... Where I'm standing in front of the angel, completely lost for words. She's even more beautiful close-up, her eyes a unique colour of pale grey and her light features standing out against her pale skin.

"You're a quiet one, aren't you?" her tone dreamy and soft as she tilted her head with a smile on her face.

"Um, yes I guess I am" My lips twitched slightly. She let out a small giggle before taking my hand and I waited for her to flinch back from the cold temperature, but instead, she interlocked our fingers together and began dragging me towards the forest.

"Is this where you kill me?" I teased. She began walking backwards as she continued to drag me into the forest, she let out an angelic giggle and twirled herself under my arm. Her behaviour reminds me a lot of Alice, though she seems more in dreamland than anything.

"Wait, what's your name?" I ask as we step foot into the forest. She paused suddenly, making me stumble into her where my hands instantly wrap around her waist, keeping her balanced. She laughed once again, her head thrown back as she grabs onto my arms for stability. For the first time in my 104 years of living, I felt electricity shoot over my body as her fingers rake over my skin.

"Luna, Luna Lovegood" she responded softly. Luna... Such a unique name which suits her perfectly.

"I'm Edward, Edward Cullen"

"I know" a knowing smirk grew on her face. I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Is that so?" she simply hummed in reply, her smirk growing as she slipped her hand into mine once again and pulled me further into the forest.

"Why are we in the forest anyway?" I asked as I glanced down at our interlocked hands. I couldn't help but smile at how perfect hers fit into mine, they were small and extremely smooth.

"I love nature. The smell of the trees and the beautiful animals you could find" she inhaled and let out a sigh of awe. I couldn't stop the smile that grew on my face, she's so unique and carefree which makes me wonder how I deserved to have someone like this as my mate. The feeling I have when I'm around her is so different from when I'm with Bella, my feelings for the brunette are nothing compared to when I'm with Luna. If I'm being honest, that thought scares me.

We spent the next hour or so walking further into the forest, we got to know each other better but I could tell there's more to her than she's revealing. Not that I minded, we all have our secrets, mine being a lot more complicated.

"My father enjoys finding rare animals, he finds them extremely fascinating. We had a forest by my boarding school and there were many different types of animals you could find there, some dangerous, some were not" She spoke with such interest, a large smile on her face shows how much she cares for animals and her father.

"What about your mother? What does she like to do?" Her smile faltered slightly at the question.

"My mother died when I was a child, she enjoyed experimenting and one of her experiments went wrong. From what I remember, she enjoyed the wildlife like me and she was rather creative, which is why she enjoyed experimenting so much." I stopped walking and slowly turned her around to face me. Her grey eyes filled with tears and her nose was slightly red as she tried to hold back tears.

"I'm sorry Luna, but I'm positive that your mother will be looking down at you with pride and happiness. You can live for the both of you" I said softly as I used my thumb to run circles on the back of her hand to soothe her. She nodded her head with a small smile before wrapping her arms around my torso and laying her head on my chest. My body tensed slightly but before I knew it, I was holding her closer to me as her earthy scent hit my senses.

"Edward?" Our heads snapped to our right, where Alice stood with a smile. I pulled away slightly and cleared my throat, I knew if I could, my cheeks would be extremely red right about now.

"Alice, what are you doing here?" I asked awkwardly, causing Luna to giggle. I look down at her with a warm smile before turning back to Alice, who was looking at Luna with curiosity.

"Hello, I'm Alice. Edwards sister and you are Luna, right?" Alice introduces herself as she approached us.

"I am. It's lovely to meet you, Alice. you're very pretty" Luna complimented as she pulled Alice into an embrace, which she accepted instantly considering Alice is usually the one to hug people first.

"We'll be great friends," They said in unison, causing my eyes to widen in surprise as they laugh hysterically. Our attention was drawn to footsteps that were running threw the forest at inhuman speed, I picked up the familiar scent of Victoria.

"Alice" I growled in anger, making her nod her head and speed away. I cautiously watch Luna for any sort of reaction, instead, she smiles at me as she twirls a piece of her hair around her finger. Her smile widened as there were two more pairs of footsteps running at the same speed as Victoria, yet my family were approaching us.

"Don't worry Edward, my friends will do everything possible to catch her" Luna said in her usual dreamy voice.

"How?" I breathed out in shock, causing her to giggle and grab my hand which made me calm down almost instantly.

"We will answer your questions, but Victoria must be stopped-" She then turned to my family with a determined expression.

"Hello Edwards beautiful family, my name is Luna Lovegood. Please do not freak out or accidentally eat me instead of the animals you usually drink from" Our eyes widened in disbelief at her words, though Carlisle seemed more curious than anything.

"If you know we eat animals, why would you drink from you?" He asked with a small frown. The others seemed on guard, not knowing how to react to Luna's words.

"You might not recognise me," she said with a shrug, confusing us even more.

"It's better If I show you" She announces as she takes a step back from me. She stands away from us with a large space around her, we all watch in confusion as she begins to wiggle her arms and legs around.

"I need to loosen up first, I've been tense lately" We nodded our heads in understanding whilst I exchange confused looks with my family.

"Ready," she said excitedly with a small clap. We nodded our heads once again and much to our surprise, she began to morph into an animal. W stepped back in shock as Luna was replaced by a jaguar with a beautiful silky black coat and sky blue eyes.

"What the fuck" Emmet gasped with his mouth hanging open. The jaguar slowly approaches me and when she realised I wasn't moving away, she rubbed her side against my legs. I reached down and scratched behind her ear, making her purr loudly. Suddenly, her head snapped in a certain direction, a dangerous growl erupting from her chest. Before we knew it, she took off running full speed, and we followed close behind.