Chapter 3 - Some Flowers and an Apology Note to the Queen

Vin-Dima's pov

Running down the corridors, the creaks and groans of the building only worsen. I arrive at a small side room after 20 minutes of desperate searching, when I hear a quiet, intermittent yell for help. Rushing over, I breathe a sigh of relief when I look through the window of the jammed door to find she doesn't appear to just be another party goer.

Grabbing my sabre, the same weight begins to appear, as well as the freezing burn. I let the blade extend into its full size. Placing the orange blade through the metal frame, I quickly cut through it and kick down the remains of the door.

On the far side of the room, a Naboo hand-maiden strains under the weight of a fallen metal beam. She notices me in her apparent state of blinding pain - and instead of smiling or greeting me more politely - she scowls and glares at me.

"Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to help?" she demands irritably, gesturing to the thing obviously penning her in.

"Of course, madam," I extend my hand and lift the beam with a flex of my fingers. I place it next to her, not even letting it touch the floor before she abruptly stands. Brushing herself off, she stands with her hands on her hips expectantly.

"You're so very welcome, sweetheart," I courtesy sarcastically, watching as she doesn't budge.

"Well, I've been here for lord knows how long and-"

*CRASH*

The deafening bang of collapsing stone interrupts our growingly petty squabble. I watch the ceiling as it begins to crack and split above where the hand maiden is stood, but also above the exit behind us. I know I can't control the weight of both. Extending both hands, I catch the ceiling above the woman, watching as her fear-contorted face relaxes.

The ceiling behind us collapses as I lower the other debris to the floor around us. Once the dust settles, her face appears gratefully surprised. Until she looks past my shoulder to the mass of boulders between us and the door.

"Well done, master, now we're stuck!" she laughs dryly, "Unless you can magic our way-"

"Respectfully, madam, please be quiet," she stares at me with overt irritation, yet says nothing. I glance around, sensing that the debris would be too much to lift. There's a window which we can get to, yet I'm sure it will be too high to get out of.

After an considerable amount of searching, I'm all out of other options. With a disgruntled sigh, I wander back over to the window in curiosity and notice a small ledge which we could get to. I hit my elbow through the window and watch the glass cascade inaudibly to the slabs six floors below.

"Are you trying to kill me?! I refuse to jump from here!" she peers out of the window warily.

"For a young hand-maiden, you have a lot to say, Miss..." I smirk, observing how she gulps nervously at the sight of the drop.

"Miss..." she hums back awkwardly.

"That a difficult one for you?"

"Miss... Binks," she finally answers, seeming proud of herself for working it out.

"Mhm," I mumble, utterly unconvinced. She looks out of the window and over the city, "Scared of heights, Miss 'Binks'."

"I'm apprehensive to be out in a city like Canto Bight, with a 'Jedi' like you attempting to protect me from assassins in the night," she scolds, peering her head out as if to prove a point.

"Firstly: Canto Bight is much safer than you would imagine. Next: I am a Jedi Knight, and I won't tolerate putting disrespect on its name. And lastly:" I count out on my fingers, taking a step closer to the shorter woman, "would you care to explain why you believe the assassins would be here for you?"