Chapter 6

Wilhemina Venable sat at her desk, filling out her journal and looking over documents to fill. Her tail was wagging at the mere thought of you, body prickling with an odd fondness. Leaning back in her chair for a moment, she remembered Mr. Gallant's sneezing. It made her giggle, she didn't mind being called a dog as she got some entertainment out of it.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. Venable got up and walked over, opening it. "Hello?" She greeted, seeing you. "Oh, it's you." Venable was surprised, she thought she would be chasing you for those scritchy-scratches, as her other form lovingly calls them. Instead, here you were. Her tail didn't stop wagging, growing frustrated with the appendage. "I see you're happy!" You were smiling, eyeing the tail that lifted her dress as she walked away.

You brought a chair over next to Venable, letting her get into something more elastic to tolerate her shift. After a couple of minutes, she sat back down as a werewolf. Fur was coming out in handfuls, it was shedding season. "My hands aren't going to be enough." You looked at your hands, then ruffled around in her drawers. Venable let out a grumble of annoyance, then saw you bring out a brush.

Venable was now sitting on the floor, clumps of her undercoat were coming out as you brushed her fur. You rolled Venable onto her belly, hearing her groan in satisfaction of feeling the cool floor against her warm body. You started to brush her back down to her tail, a pile as big as her on the floor next to her. You ran your fingers through her fur, finding a curve in her spine. Venable's eyes opened, but you refused to stop petting her. "You're so silky." You whispered, smiling. You traced your hand over the curve, beginning to scratch just under it.

Venable felt you begin to scratch, her leg swiftly kicking the air. "I bet it was hard to reach this spot." You giggled softly, standing over her as you used two hands to satisfy her itch. Soon, her eyes closed. "You're still a beautiful woman, just so you know." You whispered to her, Venable's eyes flashing open as her form fell in the blink of an eye. She got up, grabbing her cane for support as she ushered you out. "Thank you! S-see you again tomorrow!" She squeaked, face a bright red. "Wait, what are you going to do with all that fur?" You tried to turn to look, but Venable was too quick. "Turn it into a coat! Goodbye!" The door was slammed shut, leaving you locked out once again. "Did I say too much?" You whispered to yourself.

---

Venable ran to her bathroom, she was red as an apple with her blush. You're still a beautiful woman. Venable felt her tail protruding, wagging with a fury she never expected. She tried to cover her face with her hands, her heart racing. Your words had made something in her giddy, a soft squeak of frustration escaping her lips as she tried desperately to make herself feel cold and bitter. It was of no use.

Venable poked her head out of her room, having put on her purple dress and strapped her tail against her leg. It still moved, trying to wag. She caught sight of you talking to Dinah and Stu, her cheeks turning pink as she saw your smile when talking about her. "So you did it. You told her you think she's pretty." Stu teased proudly, shaking his head a little.

"I still don't see what you see in her, but to each their own." He pat your shoulder, Dinah shaking her head. "You're chasing her like a dog chases it's own tail. You'll be lucky to catch that tail." Dinah warned, her and Stu seeing Venable walk up behind you. "Good evening." She greeted, placing a hand on your shoulder. Your body was warm, but it quickly became hot.

"I would like to thank you, (Y/N), for helping me with organizing my office." She spoke with coldness, but the twitch in her tail put a little hint of affection. "You all should head to bed soon." Venable warned, patting your shoulder before leaving.

The pile on her floor was moved to your room, knowing you'd do something about it. You came into your room, a pile of red fur sitting there. "Of course she did." You mumbled, unable to hold back a small laugh. You grabbed a couple of pillowcases and started to fill them to the brim with fur. Zipping them shut, you now had two new pillows.

You got undressed, getting into the shower. You had fur stuck in places you didn't expect, getting it all off and drying yourself off. You slipped into your pajamas, brushed your hair, and sat in bed. The moment your head hit the pillows, you were asleep.

---

Venable sat in her room, thinking. Her heart raced when she was around you, her tail wagged, she wanted to smile and run around like a puppy when you were around...

Her head snapped up, dread in her expression. She didn't like her epiphany.

"I have a crush on her..."