Hello, I Love You

Hey, Elena here! :D

This is the most current story I'm writing. (:

I have 6+ chapters already written, so once I finish editing those, I'll post them, too. (:

Anyway, I'm entering this in the Watty Awards, so comment, vote, and fan if you like it! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I Love You

PROLOGUE:

I never requested any of this. I mean, I suppose it's beneficial, but it is also a curse. My mother perished before she could clarify the full terms of it to me, and my aunt - my legal guardian, now - is still not aware of the spell. I don't believe she'd react well. In fact, no one would.

What if your mother, unable to find love until her late thirties, hired someone to assist you? Someone - a wizard, you could say - that cast a spell on you? A spell that forced every boy - within a five year age range - you look directly in the eyes for more than ten seconds to immediately fall in love with you?

Blinking does count, though. If you blink in those ten seconds, it restarts the count. That is fortunate, but not auspicious enough. Especially if you're like me, and have to be thinking of this all the time. It can be quite distracting.

It may sound great, I know. Any guy you want is basically already yours within a matter of ten seconds. But what about those you don't mean to lock gazes with? You have to graciously inform them you're not interested, and they're heartbroken for life. They won't stop loving you, ever.

There's only one way to break this hex, and I have yet to figure it out. My mother said he - the one who placed this burden upon me - lives in this city under numerous aliases. Very vague, I know, but better than nothing. I had anticipated disposing of this curse before it took effect on my thirteenth birthday, but I'm too late.

It's only been three days since I've turned thirteen, and I know I can't avoid eye contact with most of the male species forever. Ten seconds is actually long, if you think about it; short, if you dwell on that fact. It's enough to live with for a while, but not forever. I suppose it's not as unpleasant as I make it out to be... as long as I break the spell.

Which is exactly what I plan to do, before this gets out of hand.