Chapter One: The Impact

April 21, 2036
It all began with an unexpected meteor shower erupting in the sky.

Third {POV}

"Sir, the time has come. The power you seek is close at hand," a figure announced. As he gazed out at the shimmering city below through his expansive windows, a sense of pride surged through the man, causing him to turn around with a triumphant grin."Excellent work; now go on to the next phase."As the lightning pierces through the darkened sky, it illuminates the gloomy room. The Butler, with a polite bow, departs, leaving behind an air of mystery and anticipation. In the midst of the dramatic scene, a whispered hope emerges, "Let's hope that this will work."

??? {POV}

A few hours later...

The eerie howl of the wind surrounded me as I struggled to open my eyes. As my vision clears, I find myself overlooking a vast, desolate sandy desert. In the distance, a sprawling city twinkes with lights, illuminating by a breathtaking marigold and honey-orange sunset that bathes the landscape in a warm glow. Amidst the cacophony of sounds, I strain to discern a soft, feeble voice that seemed to be quickly fading. "Rest now, my... something dreadful is approaching. You all must conserve your strength." I struggled to comprehend the meaning of these words before I lose my grip on consciousness and succumb to the encroaching darkness.

I wake up with an upbeat jolt, unaware of anything and everything. Confused and depleted, I wait until my eyes adjust to the surroundings and realize I'm stuck in a hole.

How did I even get here? Come on, put yourself together, "uhh, what's my name again? Great, I'm stuck in a hole, I don't know who I am, and I feel like I was hit by something. Well, things could be worse. "After a few minutes to compose myself, I decide to climb out and head towards the city's bright lights. Hopefully, someone will have a clue of what's going on.
The darkness envelops me, making it difficult to see at first. However, as my eyes gradually adjust, I begin to discern the outlines of my surroundings. In the stillness, a symphony of diverse sounds emerges, barely perceptible at first but growing in clarity with each passing moment.
It's really creepy. I don't like it here. I find myself crossing my arms tightly to shield myself from the biting cold air, desperately trying to ward off the bone-chilling chill. As I exhale, my breath forms a mist in front of me, a visible testament to the frigid temperature. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pang in my chest, causing me to gasp for air. (What is happening to me?) Everything around me shrieks with unbearable sounds. Struggling to maintain composure, I realize that I've lost sensation in my hands. Overwhelmed by the intensity of it all, tears well up in my eyes as I scream at them to stop,
.
.
.
The vast expanse of the desert is exposed to an immense surge of energy, hurtling through the barren landscape with an unstoppable force, colliding with and affecting everything in its wake.
.
.
The faint illumination casts a gentle glow, adding a subtle brightness to the otherwise dark night.

Finally, after the overwhelming bustling noise, I found myself immersed in blissful silence. As I closed my eyes, the world around me slowly faded to a soothing whiteness, creating a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I wake up once more, feeling a bit groggy and worn out. The moon hangs high in the sky, casting a gentle glow over the surroundings. "Seriously, where were you earlier when I could have used your light?" I mutter to myself, addressing the moon. As if in response, the moon briefly disappears behind a cluster of billowy clouds, dimming its luminous presence for a moment.

Ok, Ok, I apologize; I truly appreciate your presence. Please come out now. The clouds gracefully part to reveal the shining moon. A sense of relief washes over me as visibility returns. As I gaze forward, I realize there's still a considerable distance to cover before reaching those welcoming yellow lights.