Chapter Five: Part 2-A Froggy Encounter

Amy {POV}

Max stood amidst the debris, his cryptic tattoos shimmering as a glistening blue aura began to envelop the scattered pieces. With a graceful upward motion of his hand, he silently commanded the rubble to return to its original location. As the pieces gently floated back into place, a sense of awe filled the air. The scene was nothing short of beautiful, and in just moments, everything looked as good as new. The shocked expressions on everyone's faces are fucking hilarious. I wish I had my phone to record them; ahh, the one time I didn't have it.

Thud, crack, Oh, shit, Brian's mom fainted. Sarah, Sarah? "Mom! Are you okay?" Brian yelled as we rushed to her side. "Is she going to be okay?" I asked frantically. 

"Yeah, she's still breathing; it must have been too much for her to handle," Brian responded, his voice filled with concern. Max, do you think you can carry her to the room? Max tenderly scoops her up in his arms, holding her close in a bridal-style carry, and quietly exits the room. After a few uncomfortable moments, he reenters the dining room and takes a seat next to Brian.(Anticlimactic)

As Brian and I assessed the situation, finding that nobody had sustained severe injuries during the disastrous morning was a relief. 

"Max, are you okay? Hey, wake up," Brian called out with concern. Uhh, I spoke too soon. Without hesitation, I swiftly made my way over to them, offering my assistance as Brian carefully carried Max to his bathroom.

Amy, Can you bring me some clothes from my room, they should be in the drawer.

I nod and race towards to the room, while Brian gently lifted Max and carefully lays him down on the bathtub, where he tries to wash away some of the puke and blood. After looking through the drawer and picking out a blue galaxy shirt and some jeans, I head to the bathroom and place the clean clothes on the sink counter. Looking at the tub, with a naked Max and a determined Brian trying to clean him, we lock eyes. I nod with understanding and leave and notice Richard clenching his fist together in the living room. Hey, cheer up. It's going to be ok.

After a while, Brian comes out the bathroom with a clean Max. He lays him in his soft, cozy bed. He grabs the first aid kit and gently bandages his hands. They were soaked within minutes, just how much did this take on you.

After reapplying the bandages Brian tucks him in with a mint green blanket, making sure Max was comfortable and warm. After patiently waiting for another hour and passing the time with a game of Monopoly, the sound of coughing suddenly caught our attention from behind. "You guys, I'm sorry for..." Max's apology was interrupted by Brian. "You're okay, Max. You have nothing to apologize for. You did absolutely nothing wrong. You saved my mom and all of us, so thank you. (There's that  warm feeling again. Why do I feel like this when you're around?) 

Do I detect a hint of a blush on your face, Brian?" I ask sheepishly. "Could it be that Mr. 'cool guy' has a soft spot for Maxie Boy? You did see him naked, so you're practically together already.

I choke, coughing on nothing, before stuttering, 'No, that, you, uhh.

I pause for a moment, taking a deep breath, before starting to talk again. I had to get the puke and blood out. You are being completely unreasonable. I was simply concerned, as any normal person would be.

'Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Brian.

" Anyway, Max, you were absolutely incredible out there," I exclaimed, beaming with pride. Richard nodded in agreement, echoing my sentiments.

Max {POV}

I was shaking again. Why do I have these powers? 

What the fuck did I just do? One minute I was in sleeping peacefully again, and then everything around us fell.