Chapter Five: Part 1-Self Doubt to Destruction

Brian {POV}

I wake up to the sound of Max's voice. I just want to keep on sleeping in peace, so I try to ignore him and turn to my side. "WAKE UP, please; I don't... I look at him with an incredibly annoyed look and interrupt him, ok, ok, I'm awake, what is... "Max what's wrong, your crying" Ah I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it. I just get cranky when I don't get enough sleep" Oh shit, look what I did. Don't cry because of me.

No, no you didn't make me cry, Brian...

It's just... Max looks to the side of the bed and his hand fiddle with the blanket.

I had... a... I look at him with worry and was going to hold his hand, but I'm hesitant and stopped myself before reaching it.

I think I had a dream, I'm not sure what happened, but I... He quickly places both of his hands on his mouth and starts to shake again. I instinctively pull him close to my chest. Hey, it's going to be ok. I'm here. I won't ever leave you, you are too important to us. I gently caress his hair to try and soothe him. After a few minutes, I can sense him calming down.

He finally stops shaking and falls asleep in my arms. All I can occasionally hear from him is "My beautiful ocean." I realize what I was doing, and my whole face turns a dark pink color as I blush. Holding him in my arms feels nice

No, don't think about this. I can't have feelings for him, can I? Shit. I try to disregard any thoughts and fall asleep to the sound of Max's heartbeat.

Amy {POV}

I hear distant voices, but I don't pay attention to them, it was too early for any communication. I try to ignore them and fall back asleep.

{Time Skip 30 Minutes later}

I open my eyes and begin to stretch as I wake up from my sleep.I see two individuals sitting upright on the bed against the wall, completely still and silent. Once my eyes adjust from being asleep, I notice the two people, Max was laying on Brian's open chest. Brian had his arms around him, and Max's face was covered by Brian's chest. They both were fully asleep and I couldn't help but smile at the adorableness in front of me. I take out my phone and snap some pictures, blackmail for later, I thought, as I evilly laugh.

Then there came an ear-raping shriek and the house began to shake. Brian's mom comes in yelling to get under the table in the dining room. She must have come home from work. Everyone was awake and running through the hallway into the dining room, hiding under the table. Brian's mom came under the table after us, caring some pictures and a cardboard box, she said it would be safe under there. Once we thought the shaking stopped, and one last giant quake rumbles through the house, breaking windows, photos, plants, and dishes.

Sitting at the table, a massive chunk of debris came crashing down, splitting the table in half. We hurried to the safety of the living room, but before Brian's mom could get away, an enormous section of the ceiling collapsed with a thunderous roar. I can't even watch, so I cover my eyes with my hands, not wanting to know what's about to happen.

{Ok Amy, I won't tell you. Let's move on!}

??? {POV}

I look down to the streets below, to the liveliness of the people all with their own unique lives.

Soon you will be able to see this view as well. My thoughts are interrupted by a subordinate coming through my velvet red doors. His voice is raspy, "Boss, phase 2 is now complete, do we proceed with the experimentations. I nod displaying a wicked smile, excellent work, yes continue on with my plan. When the subordinate leaves, I start laughing, as I look out the window again. It's finally time to begin my rescue.