013🤍

Things with Chloe and Simon had been a little tense since Chloe had told him she didn't want another baby just yet. She knew he wanted them to have a family. But she just didn't know if she could. Not when she wanted to focus on Isla

That morning, Chloe sighed as she saw Simon and isla asleep next to her. she looked to them and smiled.

Chloe got out of bed and went to the kitchen. She made a start on Islas breakfast when she felt a pair of hands wrap around her.

She turned to see Simon. "Morning."

"Morning babe. Do you want anything?" Chloe asked as she kissed him.

Simon smiled. "I'll have some bacon if you're making it. You're beautiful," he said as he kissed her.

Chloe grinned. "Is Isla asleep?"

"She's on the iPad. Watching her cartoons. I've been instructed to not distract her."

"Ha!"

The two of them kissed as Isla walked in. "I needs beakfast."

"It's coming baby. Go sit at the table."

Isla climbed up onto the table. She had the iPad which Simon took off of her. "You can't have that at the table darling."

"I can!"

***
Chloe and Simon went into work. Grace was there. She smiled. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

Grace nodded. "Yeah. Max and I are just not working. We're arguing. I think it's time we ended it. It's the only option we've got now," she mumbled.

Chloe smiled. "He was sleeping with someone else wasn't he?"

"Yeah. And he tried to tell me that it didn't mean anything. It clearly did as hes been sleeping with her still. I actually can't be bothered anymore. I'm at that point now."

Chloe nodded and took her hand. "It'll be okay. You just have to put Esmè first. She'll remember how Max couldn't be bothered with her. She'll remember how you were always there for her."

"I hope so. I just want her to know how I never gave up. I just want to make her happy. She's my whole world and I just can't handle her being upset. She cries herself to sleep most nights wondering why Max doesn't come and see her."

Chloe took her hand and smiled. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

"Yeah. I guess."

***
Chloe was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Simon walked in. He looked to her. "I've been thinking. Maybe Grace can have Isla tonight and we can go out? I know she's having issues with Max."

Chloe nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I think we should. I'll ask her at break time. Her and Max are literally arguing like mad. And I just think we need to be on standby."

Simon smiled. "Well if she can have Isla tonight, we can have Esmè for her when she needs it?" He said.

"Okay."

***
Chloe walked into the staffroom. She saw Grace and smiled. "I need to ask you something. Could you have Isla? Simon wants to go out tonight."

"Sure."

Chloe frowned. "What's happened?"

Grace sighed. "Me and Max broke up. He says he can't be bothered anymore. So I'll have Isla whenever you need. Esmè is gonna need someone to talk to."

"I'm sorry Grace."

"It's okay. I'll get her when I pick Esmè up. Don't worry."

Chloe watched as her sister walked off. She knew how she was struggling. But she had no idea how her and Simon were about to hit a bumpy road in their relationship.