T W E N T Y - S E V E N

We were walking towards the entrance of Hogwarts when security started questioning Draco for having his father's cane.

"What's with this cane" security said

"It's not a cane," Draco said.

Professor Snape came towards us.

"It's alright, I can vouch for Mr Malfoy." He said.

Draco snatched his father's cane back before we noticed Harry standing there waving at us. I felt guilt and Draco did too.

"Nice face potter," Draco said.

"Yeah I don't know how I got it, must have been a nose bleed," Harry said.

We walked off and Professor Snape followed behind us. When we walked into the castle and we were heading towards the dining room professor Snape talked to us.

"You are to make it seem ordinary, nothing out of control is happening here, sit with the Gryffindors and do not let them think something is wrong," He said.

We went towards the Gryffindor table and sat down looking at a worried Hermione.

"Don't worry, he'll be here in a minute" Ron said.

Hermione began hitting Ron with a book.

"Will you stop eating, your best friend is missing?" she said.

"Turn around you lunatic" Ron said.

We all turned to see Harry coming toward us.

"He's covered in blood again, why is it he's always covered in blood," Ginny said.

"Looks like it's his own this time," Ron said.

"Where have you been? And your face" Hermione said.

"Later, what have I missed," he said.

"Just the sorting of the new students that's all," Ginny said.

"Great evenings to you all, first of let me introduce the newest member of our staff," Dumbledore said.

"We talked to him before I arrived at your place," Harry said talking to Ron.

"Horace Slughorn" Dumbledore continued.

"Professor Slughorn has agreed to take his old position as potions master," he said.

"What? What about professor Snape" I whispered.

"Meanwhile the post for defence against dark arts will be taken by professor snape," Dumbledore said.

The Slytherin table was clapping once they heard the news.

"As you know each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight, and you have the right to know why," Dumbledore said.

"Once there was a young man, who like you sat in this very hall walked this castle's corridors, stepped under its roofs, was seen to all the world a student like any other, his name Tom Riddle," he said.

I heard whispers begin to form and the room was no longer silent.

"Today of course is known all over the world by another name, which is why as I stand looking out upon you all tonight I'm reminded of a fact," he said.

"Every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls, but in the end, their greatest weapon is you" he looked towards me.

I looked away immediately and down to the table.

"Just something to think about... Now off to bed" he said.