Chapter 3 - Passageway to Parfaedia

"I would like to request for your assistance on...something important," Espresso said, closing and locking the front door of his new home.

"What is it?" Madeleine looked at him. They just set up the curtain in the mage's laboratory, which the coffee cookie assumed was a 'necessity'. Though the paladin wasn't quite amused at the fact that the mage rather place a cheap ugly curtain in his study than have the blonde's mansion as his scenery.

"Do you perhaps know the directions to the Parfaedia Magic Institute?"

"The what-?" Madeleine looked at him, puzzled. Perhaps he wasn't quite paying attention to what the mage was saying.

"...I see, you do not know after all," the mage huffed.

What kind of guide is this even? I'm starting to think he has been diagnosed with noble-stupidity disease...

The paladin stared at the mage for a while, after a long pause he finally opened his mouth to speak. "You mean the Magic Academy?" He asked.

"Yes, you do know?" Ah, finally, he gets it.

"I don't really know the exact directions since it's located in the magic city of Parfaedia, which is enchanted to be hidden by non-wizards,"

Hidden, huh? That's rather interesting...

"You're saying that you can't enter?" Espresso tipped his head.

"I need permission, perhaps a guide, which I can settle for you. A friend of mine could help, she works there anyways, we'll visit her right away,"

"Spare me of the nonsense next time, get to the point, do not waste my time. Now, where to?"

"..."

"Where to?"

"...I supposed she'd be at home at this time,"

~~~

"That friend of yours, what does she work as?" Espresso asked, curious. They were heading towards a particular cookie's home.

"She's a professor, teaching at the Academy," the paladin replied, not looking at the mage. He was somewhat eyeing around for something, or rather...someone.

"What does she teach?" The mage was sounding rather giddy about it. The paladin turned around, much to his surprise, his guest got excited about his friend's career for some reason. He smiled, he looks way nicer when he's not frowning and glaring at cookies.

"Ah-hem!! Earthbread to Madeleine," the mage cleared his throat, hoping to catch the attention of the spaced-out knight Commander.

"Y-Yeah, what is it- ?" Speaking of which, this was the first time he called my name.

"What does that friend of yours teach?" Espresso repeated his question.

"Magic," the paladin replied without hesitation.

"It is a magic academy..." the mage rolled his eyes.

"A specific course for explosive... magic coffee circles?" Madeleine said, almost sounding like he was questioning the mage, furrowing his brows as he tried to give a good description based on his memory- which utterly failed in the worst way possible.

"Wha- Pfft..." Espresso's confusion turned into laughter as he realized what the paladin was trying so hard to go on about. He couldn't stop himself from laughing even when the paladin stared at him in all seriousness and confusion.