17

❝There is never a time or place for true love

❝There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment❞ - Sarah Dessen.

8:01 am

A calm silent morning in a certain comforting way had arrived, yet it was suddenly followed by a loud pitter-patter sound of rain on the leaves of the garden, damping the grass with a impact of coldness through the living room since the entrance door of the garden was left open, erupting its sound in a soothing way but enough for the sleeping lad to wake up as being a light sleeper.

His head tilted to the side only to feel something warm against the curve of his neck, and slowly, his mind came to grasp to feel a weight on him as his eyes open to blink a couple of times adjusting to the situation as he was met by a ceiling greeting him to coming to the realization of Gayoung sleeping on top of him, with her head on his chest snuggling into his neck while his arms secured around her and a warm blanket securing them.

His heart jolted up at the realization, and he could feel their tangled legs under the blanket which had him close his eyes squeeze shut with a sudden wave of blush before feeling her stirring leading her hair to brush against his neck, erupting a ticklish sensation which had him freeze for a second as the next second, Gayoung raised her head from his chest to end up face to face with him with her eyes closed, and brows furrowed with a pout.

His eyes and heart soften to widen the next moment when her eyes meet his, squinting them to open it widely as her heartbeat quickened at the position yet with a confusion of how did they end up like this and Baekhyun was having the same thought, except he was aware of how he ended up sleeping instead of doing the task of carrying her inside.

The mere closeness had them flustered with a flush of blush yet with a certain tension of nervousness, and she couldn't even utter anything at the moment to immediately trying to help herself up only to slip off the couch as both of them rolled off down the floor with her head almost getting banged but Baekhyun was fast enough to palm the back of her head with him ending on top of her, still wrapped in the blanket as it was tangled around them.

Their eyes met, nervous, awkward, shyness, and with so much intense tension with the rapid heartbeat of theirs didn't help either while they could still hear the rain sound in the garden pouring heavily.

She tried to get up but Baekhyun raised his palm as if asking her to stay still with her complying quickly with him untangling the blanket from his side to slowly get up while helping her sit up beside her with his hand still on the back of her head where both of them looked away, too hard to meet each other's eyes at the moment.

Gayoung could feel her cheeks on fire as she bit her lip nervously, while Baekhyun brushed his hair back with the same nervousness as he could feel his rapid heartbeat and suddenly it felt difficult to talk, like their tongue got tied up with something until Gayoung unconsciously chuckled, feeling his hand still on her head to which Baekhyun turned to her confusingly only to pull back his hand with an embarrassed shake of his head.