Stop for a second-Heeseung🐧Enhypen

Requested by: hsgcoff

🥀

"Hmm," Ni-ki joked "I guess you only had motivation on I-land."

"Huh?" Heeseung questioned confused.

"I mean," Sunoo continued "you seem like you don't have the motivation anymore."

Jungwon and Sunghoon snickered in the corner of the practice room well aware of the joke their two bandmates were playing on their friend. Jake just sat beside them smiling awkwardly not sure what was going on.

"Oh," Heeseung was taken aback, surprised "if that's how you feel then...hmm" his words faded, sadness threatening to lace his words. "Ok"

The others looked at each other...ok? They didn't expect such a dull answer, he was supposed to at least try and ask them why they thought that way.

"Haven't you noticed?" they pushed trying to make him say more, to sound irritated so they could laugh and tease him for it later "your movements have become sloppy."

"It seems like I haven't" a long awkward silence followed, Heeseung didn't know what to say, they thought he wasn't good. The restless nights he spent practicing didn't pay off, he wasted his time.

"Do you even want to be a part of this group any more?" Ni-ki pushed harder.

"Guys come on," Jake interrupted standing and walking up to Sunoo and Ni-ki "what are you talking about?"

"Don't act all surprised Jake, if someone is disappointed in Heeseung hyung it's you. You were just talking about it earlier." Jungwon said from his seat.

"Now that's a lie."

Not being able to hold back anymore Jungwon and Sunghoon burst out laughing at Jake's comment. They had initially wanted a reaction from Heeseung but they got Jake's instead. Soon enough all of them, except for Heeseung and Jake, were laughing loudly.

Heeseung stood there not understanding what was going on. How was this funny?

"You're good hyung" Jake turned back to look at Heeseung before rushing after Ni-ki and scolding him.

Heeseung stared at himself in the practice room's mirror...he was good. It was just a joke.

~~

Heeseung abruptly woke up, his body all sweaty and throat dry. "It was all a nightmare, thank God," he thought. His bandmates wouldn't say those things about him, they knew he worked hard. They knew he wanted to be a part of the group. That's right, he didn't need to worry about those things.

Heeseung had been practicing all day and almost all night these past few weeks wanting to better himself. Opposite to his dream, nobody had told him that he was slacking off or anything like that but recently, while all of the group was practicing, he started feeling insecure about his so praised abilities. He tried not to think about it but the thought managed to make its way into his mind by force.

His sleep schedule was almost non-existent, his body working on two to three hours of rest he gave it when he was lucky. He woke up, practiced, and worked with his bandmates all day and when they decided to go home Heeseung stayed in the company building telling the others, "I'll practice for two more hours and then I'll head home." And so he spent more time than promised dancing, singing, and writing.

The others didn't notice this trusting his words, he would know when to stop, it's not like he got into the industry yesterday. They all just assumed that he came home after the time he promised and went straight to bed but in reality, he came back to the dorms in the early hours of the morning to sleep only for Sunghoon to come and wake him up an hour or two later.