Chapter 2: This Bitch did WHAT?! Rise of the Flame Swordsman!

[Reader's POV]

It's morning. I stared to wake up from the bed i slept in as it was the time for me and the other heroes to begin our journey. We woke up early, ate breakfast and made our preparations as we wait for the king's summons. Today, we're meeting our party members and go on an 'adventure' so to speak.

I can practically feel the other heroes' excitement. Ren may deny it, but even he is exited to meet our party members. Why else would he wake up earlier than anyone else?

While waiting for the summons, I'm reading everything in the help menu to pass the time. I should've done this last night, but I fell asleep. Few things from the help menu stood out for me.

First, there's that interference between the Legendary Weapons. It turns out the minister was right about this. Excluding the waves, us leveling up in the same area would reduce our exp. gain to absolute 0. Us being in the same party also results in no exp. Gain, no exceptions. But because the weapon i have is not a official Cardinal Weapon, that limitation does not apply to me.

Looking at the HUD clock, I noticed it's about 10 which means I was checking the entire help menu for about a hour and half. We should be called anytime now. And soon enough, the knights fetched us and led us to the throne room.

Aultcray: You may enter now, heroes.

The huge doors opened to reveal adventurers, 15 in total, fully prepared for an adventure.

Knights, mages, archers and what I can only describe as a thief. The king certainly works fast. We just arrived and yet, he already found these people.

Aultcray: As promised, Here are all the adventurers we selected to go with you on your adventures. These people here are the best adventurers of Melcromarc so rest assured, they are qualified enough to join your party.

The King then spoke up again, his voice picking up a notch as though he was going to deliver a rousing battlefield speech.

Aultcray: Heroes and future champions, it is time to start your adventure! Champions, stand behind the hero you have chosen to fight alongside!

As they walked behind us and started forming lines behind us, I kept my gaze squarely on the King. This was it, this was going to be my first opportunity to see if my fears last night were either going to be proven right or unfounded altogether. And the lines that formed were as follows: Ren had a party of five standing behind him, four were gathered behind Motoyasu and three had chosen to follow Itsuki. I looked towards Naofumi who had absolutely no one behind him.

Y/n: *thinking* Someine must've told someone about Naofumi's weak power.

???: Hello, Masked Hero.

I looked to see a light brown haired woman with violet eyes, glasses and what appears to be mage clothing.