Chapter 12.2 - The Secret of The Enchanting Stone

Chapter 12 - The Secret of The Enchanting Stone

-

Relief, fear, anxiety, and, most of all, uneasiness clouded his system, covering up every part of him.

A hand reached up to her hair that the starlight highlighted, and Aziel ran his fingers softly on her locks, wiping his tears with a wrist.

Once she wakes, will she still be the same?

Aziel's body sunk below the table, and he shut his eyes. It's been stressful, but he'll have to show up at Staile Cons with Era's ashes stored in an urn in a few minutes.

Aziel stood up and cast a portal to Era's actual home. Right there on her nightstand were three identical urns. Two had something inside, and one that she must've prepared for herself.

Aziel shook his head disapprovingly and took the one with 'Mom' inked on its cap.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. June." But this is for your daughter.

And maybe, for me, too.

He transferred the ashes inside that one to the one with nothing. Even if they try to suspect this pot, they'll never have the means to know that it's Era's mother. After all, there's no way anyone can tell ashes apart.

When he went to the throne room through a portal he made with his spatial specialty, the entire royal family and even Lui were there. All were waiting for him.

Even Obashiel.

Aziel swore they said something to him, something similar to words of condolences, but for some reason, all the voices around were a blur. When Obashiel begged to hold the urn for a little while, he simply stretched out his arms for her to take it.

When Obashiel hugged the urn, Aziel's fists clenched.

Obashiel. Someday, I'll let you see her again, somehow.

"He looks awful."

Right. That was what Cloraserea said when he walked in.

Once Obashiel handed him the urn, he bowed and muttered, "I'm sorry, your majesty, your highnesses, and Obashiel. But if you'll... excuse me."

Aziel's eyes widened a bit. Well, wow. He hadn't heard his voice for hours, but he didn't think it'd sound so weak, hoarse, and breathy. As if he had just endured a sleepless and restless week.

If this was how his voice came to be, what about his appearance? Especially after all the mess the transferring caused...

When he got back to Era's house, he placed the urn back on the nightstand and stopped upon catching a glimpse of himself.

Oh, of course, Era had a mirror.

"Isn't that just fitting?"

Aziel mustered a snicker at the faint sight of his messy hair and dirty cloak. A hand reached his pale, ash-grey face. A finger ran through the blue and periwinkle accents on his face, then moved to his neck, arms, and hands.

This untidy appearance made it easy for him to seem like Era had died, which may have led the royal family to allow him to be alone and grieve on his own.

Before they try to kill him, at least.

Not like any of you could try that now, though.

Aziel opened up a portal back to his house. A sigh of relief seeped out of his mouth at his beloved's peaceful and unbothered slumber.

Should he awaken her now? But what if she becomes a different person because of the stone's side effects?

Or should he take her and the other half of the stone to a different world or dimension now? He did have something prepared in a particular world with no magic. But should he go through that now?