~chapter ten~

KAIYO TOOK a deep breath when she reached her home. Another bean almost saw her. As much as she enjoyed Bakugo's company, she did not want to risk being seen by another. She was scared to go back in case the bean never left. Feeling bad about leaving Bakugo so quickly, she decided she would make it up to him the next night by letting him come up to the counter again, but hoped there'd be no interruptions this time.

---------------

A few days had passed since Bakugo and Kaiyo had seen each other during their usual nightly routine. Kaiyo had become worried that something had happened to her new giant friend. She had wanted to talk to him the night after she let him get so close, but he never showed. After the first night, he hadn't shown up, and Kaiyo thought it was him not waking up and coming downstairs. The second night? He must have forgotten or didn't wake up again, but the third night? That was when her concern grew, and she became scared that he might never return and that he just stopped caring or forgot about her.

Kaiyo began her trip to the kitchen counter again to collect more food and possibly run into Bakugo for the fourth night in a row. Before she could make it to the side of the counter, she heard a very deep voice talking. It didn't sound like Bakugo or any of the other students; this person sounded much older. Moving away from the counter and shimmying behind the fridge, Kaiyo could get a glance at where the voice was coming from.

There was a man dressed in all black with long black hair and some form of a scarf wrapped loosely around his neck. Kaiyo also spotted a tall blonde man wearing a suit; he looked bony and thin, almost sickly. Then she saw Bakugo and a green-haired boy next to him. They both looked like they were fighting, and Kaiyo assumed it was with each other as the black-haired man's tone sounded like he was mad at them. After a few minutes of observing and listening to the conversation, the blonde and black-haired men left, and after another few minutes of silence, the green-haired boy left as well, leaving Bakugo alone in the common room, or so he thought.

Kaiyo debated whether or not she should approach him. He was slumped against the back of one of the couches, dead silent. She couldn't tell what was on his face, but after a minute or two, she saw a small tear go down the side of his face, and she couldn't take it anymore. She bolted out from behind the fridge, not caring if she was seen in that moment; she just wanted to comfort her friend.

"BAKUGO! BAKUGO! Please don't cry! What's wrong? What can I do to help?"

Bakugo had lifted his head, and she could've sworn she saw his eyes soften a little, but that quickly vanished as he turned his head downcast as if in shame.

This broke Kaiyo even more as she pushed herself to get to his side faster. When she finally made it to the side of his leg, she peered up at his face. He still wasn't looking at her. She tried waving him down, but it still wasn't working.

"Bakugo! What's wrong? What happened?"

Bakugo continued to stare down at the floor and did not even spare a glance at her. Then, Kaiyo took matters into her own hands to try to snap him out of the situation. She darted around the couch and found a spot to climb up. She was already out of breath, but her adrenaline was so high that she didn't even notice. She needed to get his attention, no matter what.

Kaiyo had reached the top of the couch and walked over to where she could be right above Bakugo's head. Even after spending tens of minutes of her climbing the couch, he still hadn't budged an inch. Contemplating for only a moment if this was a good idea, she jumped.

--------

a/n

hello all! I noticed that the last time I updated this lovely story was over 2 YEARS AGO!!!! There has been so much support for this story and I cannot for the life of me express all the gratitude in the world!

I started this story when I was in high school, and this school year, I'm graduating college. Life moves so fast, and things change so much, so I appreciate all of you who were patient enough to wait for the next chapter. I am doing my best to update this whenever I can, which, as you can tell, is not very often.

BUT I want to continue writing this story, I do. All I ask is for some patience and love from all of you!

I love you all, my little commanders!

-majorwriting