nine

Dear Diary 02/23/1916

My mom got home early in the morning, but she would be back again. She mentioned about people buying her food and how happy she was. It made me smile. This time again, she was happy again. She packed some snacks and water with her just in case she gets hungry. She started cooking another batch of her food and sealed them all properly. It took her at least 2 hours to finish doing all of those since she was in a rush.

She finished at 7am and had to wait for about 10 minutes for a ride. She gave me some money to spend on myself while she's gone because she might be away for the rest of the night again. I kept note of what she said. She left at 7:30am.

I decided to shower again. I was thinking of meeting Hector in the plaza again, he's probably isn't busy today. I wore my favorite purple dress and a black cardigan. I went my way out of the house and locked the doors. I made sure to ahve the keys in my bag just in case. I always love bringing sling bags, they're so effecient and practical.

I got to the plaza but I see no sight of Hector, only Ernesto. He was near the stage, impatiently eating a concha.  I decided against my thought to talk to him due to the fact that I  felt intimidated. He was probably waiting for Hector. Some girls noticed him and asked for his autograph, which made him calm but now he's flamboyant and outgoing. Well, that was a quick change of mood.

I waited for Hector for some more time, I waited for about 15 minutes but still no sight of him. I wanted to go back to my house but I really wanna talk to him again. Why am I so obsessed with him? What's the matter with me? Suddenly, I felt someone aggressively and forcefully grab my arm. I shrieked. I was getting kidnapped. The guy in an all-blsck outfit tried to bring me into a dark alleyway, in which I started screaming for help. I felt like I was going to die at that moment when I heard a voice from behind me. It was Hector's. He immediately pulled me away from the guy, which he effortlessly intimidated by his sharp look.

He looked at me, concerned, "Are you okay, señorita?" He gave me a crooked smile. I huffed and nodded, smiling back at him, "Yeah, I-I'm sorry. I'm so- I'm such a stupido." I tried to hide behind my hands but he grabbed them away. He gave me a reassuring smile and said, "I'll protect you at all cost, okay? You're my friend." He then pat my shoulders. I smiled, nodding.

He then wrapped his arm around me, clutching the strap of his guitar with a huge grin on his face, "I know just what to cheer you up, watch me play in the plaza with my amigo!" I smiled. He is so optimistic.

I walked along with him on his way to the stage and finally met Ernesto face to face. I was scared, needless to say. He smirked down at me and fixed his hair and tie as he quirked his brows up and down teasingly. I smiled, a little too forced, as I chuckled nervously at the awkward atmosphere that I realize I was doing. Hector pat my shoulder, gesturing at his longtime friend Ernesto and introduced me to him. I gladly introduced myself.

"I'm Ronnie. Nice meeting you." I said, smiling. He then shook my hand but he pulled me for a hug to which I quickly pulled away from. I made a small wheezy, nervous laughter. Ernesto seemed confuse. Hector didn't noticed and called his friend into he stage. Ernesto took one last glance at me and smiled. I returned it to him warmly, although our meeting wasn't that quite friendly.

As Ernesto set up his microphone - which I saw he rented earlier from a man - he kept glancing at me. Of course, I didn't care. I thought he was looking at somebody else. The girls around me started cheering and squealing. I chuckled to myself as I watch Hector wave at me. I waved back. I swore I saw some girls behind me roll their eyes at me when I did that.

After about 2 minutes, they finally started singing their first song which was Que Sera. Hector wasn't the one singing, which i thought was quite unfair. His voice is nice and warm. Ernesto was singing a little too exaggeratingly and had a little too much vibrato on his voice. He ended the song with a wink to his fans - which are the ladies behind me. They fainted.