How It All Started

The land of ninjago was a ¨wonderful¨ and ¨magical place, at least that was how it seemed to be. All over there were many races of magical creatures who were connected to the elements in some way. However, some had more power than others in this world. The most well off were the nymphs, as everyone respected the nymphs and considered them to be wonderful creatures. The king and queen were nymphs and so were their children, Kai and Nya being a fire and water Nymph respectibly. Then you had the light fae, who were responsible for keeping the lands bright. They were also greatly respected. But then came the creatures who were looked down upon, and treated with distain and scorn. Snow fairies lived mostly in the mountains, but they could be found in other places too. Because of their powers to freeze, they were considered dangerous, even though most of them were just minding their own buisness and not harming anyone. Then were ghosts, who were most of the times considered to be villains. Ghosts, like Snow fairies were just minding their own buisness 99% of the time, but they were still treated like monsters and it was hard for a ghost to have any sort of career. Treated the worst however, were hybrids. Hybrids were what happened when one race had a child with another race and a hybrid was the result. Hybrids can be a mix of any two races, but no matter what halves they had, the result was the same. Hybrids had practically no rights, and most of them didn't even go to school because they would be tormented if they do. The current King and queen cared about all races and were trying to get all races respected, even making it possible for hybrids to get a job, but change was slow, and it was hard to get other races to care about what they considered to be monsters. That was pretty much Jay's life up until this point. Jay was a hybrid, his mother had been a light fae, but his father was a ghost. Jay had been adopted by two friendly satyrs, but his life was still made miserable by everyone else. Jay hadn't gone to school since he was 9, after two sky nymphs had tried to kill him. The worst part was that they were both teachers and not students. Jay also had a glowing blue scar that randomly shot out sparks, being different from the green scar of a full blooded ghost. When Jay had gotten an ace on his mechanics quiz, his teacher and several others had attempted to drown him, despite knowing the agony it caused him because of his ghost half. Being not fully ghost, the water could not kill him on impact, but it could cause him severe pain. The students just watched, singing a taunting song to the boy instead of helping him.

Children: Deception

Disgrace
Evil as plain as the scar on his face

Deception (An outrage!)

Disgrace (For shame!)
He asked for trouble the moment he came

Deception (An outrage!)

(He can't change his stripes)
Disgrace (For shame!)
(You know these Outsider types)
Evil as plain as the scar on his face
(See you later, agitator!)
Deception (An outrage!)
(Just leave us alone!)
Disgrace (For shame!)
(Traitor, go back with your own!)
He asked for trouble the moment he came
(See you later, agitator!)

Born in grief

Raised in hate
Helpless to defy his fate
Let him run
Let him live
But do not forget what we cannot forgive