A Meadow, and Two Boys

In which celestial responsibilities are to be overcome within the strings that confine them.

~

Levi held the moon.

Well, not in a literal sense. He was in control of it. Stitched to the moon in such a way that allowed him immortality and power, and in turn, he kept the moon revolving around the earth. Gently pulling it into the sky when the sun went down and lowering it to the other side of the world when the sun rose once more.

He slept through the day and wandered through the night, always making sure not to miss his cue. He never bothered building a home for himself, preferring to doze off in the gentle curve of a tree branch in the shade.

A pale glow lingered around him, fair skin, one eye a light grey, and the other a midnight blue. Dark black hair, tainted with specks of white. A simple white blouse embroidered with the constellations, pitch black adventure pants with matching leather boots, and a crescent symbol under his right eye, signifying his authority.

He might have the appearance of an average mortal, of a human. If humans glowed and had the ability to travel to the moon and back, and hover over the earth instead of walking. But Levi enjoyed walking, whether it was through a lush meadow, watching the fireflies blink, or on the rough surface of the moon, watching as the earth turned ever so slowly, hues of blue and green captivating Levi in its beauty.

He charted the stars and the planets, venturing the surface of the moon, collecting moonstones and sketching landscapes in a notebook he kept in his satchel. He occasionally foraged the trees and bushes, not for fruits to eat, but to draw. He enjoyed picking them, and replicating their shape, size, their essence with nothing but a pencil. He found beetles and insects, making drawings so realistic, he had to double take once or twice, to make sure it was only paper.

He thrived peacefully, he was someone who enjoyed his solitude. He took comfort in it, and the quaintness of his simple, but important life.

He lowered the moon for the day, guiding it to where the world needed the night. Opting to stay in the meadow instead of heading back to his favorite tree. He watched the sky swirl with colors, as if a painter was mixing bright dyes and pigments on their celestial canvas.

He laid back, eyelids drooping with the oncoming light, and fell asleep. Waiting for the sky to be ready to be painted a different color once more.

~

Light floated up, enjoying the feeling of being able to sit amongst the clouds. He watched and waited for the sky to turn the right shade of orangey pink, and raised the sun. Smiling as the sky slowly began to turn into that bright blue he never got tired of seeing.

A pastel yellow aura followed him around as he lazily drifted above the trees, maple syrup skin coated with freckles, and a tiny sun etched right above his nose on the center of his forehead. It was visible right underneath a crown of sunflowers that he'd weaved himself, placed carefully on light purple curls that faded into hints of gold. His irises flashed between purple and orange, white blouse embroidered with lilac colored blossoms, a bundle of lavender tucked into the front pocket of his mauve overalls with golden accents.

He often forgot his shoes at home, enjoying the feeling of grass and the earth much more than the confining leather that rubbed against his heels. His house was a small cottage, an abandoned one that some mortal had built a while ago.

Light had only fixed it and cleaned it up a bit, but it looked good as new. He didn't use it much other than to sleep in, and only kept a few herbs and berries for the simple pleasure of tea and something sweet. He kept a few salves and ointments, as well with bandages made of cotton. He had a bit of a habit, to take in injured animals and patch them up as best as he could before returning them back to their homes in the wild.