Flying Far, Far Away

The sequel is out! It's called "Fixed"!

The next morning, I got out of bed and started getting dressed, but it was hard to see. Tears were welling in my eyes, and I just wanted to sit down and cry the rest of the day. That wasn't an option though. My phone buzzed and lit up. Without looking at the number, I answered it.

"Hey girl!" Angie's voice sounded in my ears.

"Hey!" I answered, trying not to cry even more than I already was.

"I just wanted to tell you to have a good flight. I'll miss you. I'll tell everyone at school...I mean, if you want me to," she said and I nodded, then I realized she couldn't see me.

"Yeah, um, go ahead. I hope everything goes well. I haven't seen my dad since I was eight, so..." My voice trailed off.

"Well I just got to school, I have to go. I love you, Katrina," she choked up.

"I love you too," I answered and ended the call.

I jumped in the shower, and knowing the flight was going to be long, threw on my favorite sweatpants and my Falling in Reverse tank top. I ate my breakfast very quickly and my mom and I ran out the door.

When we arrived at the airport, security checked us and we sat down, waiting for them to call our fight number- 771. We sat there for about 45 minutes before they called the number. My mom hugged me and we cried on each other.

"Okay, honey, I love you. Be good for your father. I'll see you soon," my mom said, and I walked away to get on the plane.

I took the window seat and closed my eyes. I heard someone's voice.

"Can I sit here?" the person asked, and I opened my eyes to see a guy who appeared to be a little older than me. I smiled slightly and nodded. He took his seat and I closed my eyes again. "So where are you from?"

"Seattle. You?" I answered as I looked at him.

"Really? Me too!" He answered enthusiastically. We were quiet for a while and I was almost asleep when he started talking again. "The plane is about to take off. Please tell me plane rides don't make you sick." I laughed and said,

"No, you?" He shook his head, and I sighed in relief. I leaned my head against the window as the plane took off, and the flight attendants walked by my seat. The guy next to me grabbed the flight attendant's attention and when the girl saw him, her face lit up.

"Well hello," she said to the guy. I scoffed. Ew, I thought. The guy ignored the girl's flirty nature and just ordered a coke. The girl walked away and he turned to me.

"So what's your name?" he asked.

"Um, Katrina. What's yours?"

"Trent," he answered, and I smiled.

"Nice name," I remarked.

"Thanks. So why are you going to Florida?" he asked.

"Well, I'm going to move in with my dad. My mom just sent me away," I felt kind of weird telling this random guy- Trent - about my life.

"Oh, well I'm moving in with my step brother. We're renting an apartment," he said, and I nodded.

"Sounds like a lot of fun." His coke arrived and I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep. The next thing I knew, someone was shaking my leg and telling me to wake up. I opened my eyes and Trent was shaking me.

"What?" I asked groggily.

"The plane is about to land," he answered.

"Oh." The descension of the plane wasn't bad at all and I got off the plane after telling Trent bye. I immediately recognized my dad - he looked the same as he had nine years ago. My dad awkwardly hugged me and we got in his black SUV. We drove for about thirty minutes before reaching a white house - well, mansion. It was huge.

Here's to the start of a different life.

Next chapter is up! Finally! Cheers! Anyways, you should totally comment, vote, and fan! I love you all and you're all beautiful people <3

This was kind of a boring chapter but it will get better. Just bare with me please. I'm sorry and it will have more excitement soon. Promise :)

I hope you enjoyed it my loves. Baii.

- Jessica.