If Daonuea Cries In His Sleep

Moving back to Thailand had been stressful.

And meeting his former crush again and finding out you were in the same college and dorm as them?

Daonuea didn't realize or want to admit it, but the stress had creeped in and taken a toll on him. He hasn't even had the time or energy to call Fah for a week.

Thankfully, the week is almost ending and all Daonuea wanted to do was to sleep all his worries away. He drifts off after only a few minutes of lying in bed.

*****

Khabkluen was staring at Daonuea's sleeping back once again. It had become a habit of his the past few days. He quite liked having the last thing he sees before falling asleep be Daonuea. His slim build was irresistibly pretty, and Kluen always felt that the other was so close and yet so out of reach.

When Daonuea suddenly turns around, Kluen quickly turns to the other side, avoiding any chance of being caught staring. He waits for a few moments before carefully turning around to face Daonuea again.

It feels like time has stopped when he stares at Dao's peaceful face. Feels like his heart has stopped.

It was too surreal to see Daonuea beside him after an entire year, when he'd thought they wouldn't ever see each other again.

Daonuea tosses in his sleep, and Kluen is about to go back to pretending when he notices that Daonuea is pouting his lips, as though making a kissy face.

Once Khabkluen has recovered from the initial shock, he shakes his head and laughs softly. So he has this side of him too. He thinks to himself.

Before he can stop himself, Kluen finds that his body has moved itself to the edge of Dao's bed. It allowed him to get a clearer view of Daonuea's expression. It was an expression that Khabkluen wanted to etch in his mind for a long time.

*****

The scene plays itself in Daonuea's dreams. He has imagined it so many times that it was only natural for his brain to remember.

"Khabkluen. I could never get over my feelings for you. I like you." 

"I like you too."

The only difference in Daonuea's dream was that this time, Khabkluen didn't smile at him after the kiss

The only difference in Daonuea's dream was that this time, Khabkluen didn't smile at him after the kiss. Khabkluen walks away wordlessly, disappearing into the crowd.

Daonuea is a crying mess at the same spot he was left behind.

*****

While wondering if he should take a picture to capture the moment, Kluen notices Dao's expression had changed. Even though his expressive eyes were closed, he looked as though he were in pain.

Kluen is shocked to see tears rolling down Daonuea's cheek. They seem to stream endlessly, quickly forming a wet patch on his pillow.

Did he miss something? Daonuea seemed to be fine just a moment ago. Why was he crying now? What was he dreaming about?

A million thoughts rushed through Kluen's mind. Could it be that he had teased Daonuea too hard today? Was he going through a hard time? Did he have bad memories from his time in Germany?

Kluen's heart twists in pain without his consent, as if to mimic Nuea's own. It's a sharp pain that was difficult to withstand. Seeing Daonuea cry was a new pain in itself. 

Khabkluen leans in and places a soft kiss on his lips, hoping it will do something to soothe Daonuea's hurt.