Don't Fall For Someone Cold

Daonuea knew he should have followed that piece of advice.

He knew he shouldn't have kept his eyes on Khabkluen longer than he did. Not when he knew Kluen was in a loving relationship with Gia, and probably didn't even know he existed.

Daonuea was just setting himself up for hurt. But how could he help his feelings? How could he stop his heart?

Yet nothing could have prepared him for the heartbreak that was about to come. 

On his last day of school, motivated by Nay's speech and the option to run away if he was rejected, Daonuea somehow finds the courage to walk up to Khabkluen.

But the results make Dao think he shouldn't have confessed. Should have brought these feelings to his grave with him. Should have been content with watching from afar and tending to his wounded heart on his own.

Then at least, he was allowed to continue doing something for Khabkluen in his own way.

"Have a safe flight," Khabkluen responds in a straight tone before walking away. He doesn't spare Daonuea a second glance while passing by him. Even throughout the painful words, Daonuea can't help thinking about how sweet Khabkluen's voice sounds. It's his first time hearing it up close. It'll probably be the last time too, he thinks.

Daonuea doesn't move for a good minute, letting the tears roll down his cheeks as they wished.

It was like Khabkluen had never heard his confession, and only chose to respond to the part about him going overseas tonight. Daonuea naturally thought that Khabkluen wanted to pretend none of it had happened.

Daonuea didn't come with any expectations. He simply wanted to leave no regrets like his friend said. But man, why does it hurt this much?

The tears don't stop falling, and Daonuea runs away, finding it too difficult to breathe. He somehow gets into car which brings him away from the painful place, but was not daring enough to look back.

One day, he will find out that Khabkluen's coldness is the last wall which contains his overflowing feelings.

*****

Kuafah finds him curled up on his bed in his room. Daonuea was still crying, and he'd thought that this was the first time in his life that he cried so much.

Fah's heart breaks at the sight. His lovely brother, grasping at his chest and breaking down. The sounds which come out of him are too much to bear.

Whoever it was that made Dao cry like this, Fah would never forgive them. But that's something he'll get to later. Now, his priority is making Dao feel okay again. 

Fah goes to sit beside Dao, soothing his hands up and down Dao's shaking back. He lets Dao jump into his arms and weep onto his shirt sleeve.

And in that moment, Daonuea convinces himself he will never fall for someone cold again. It hurts too damn much. 

His ideal type changes from Khabkluen to someone who is caring, and attentive. Someone who'll be gentle with his sensitive feelings and his soft heart.

So why did Khabkluen also become someone like that? Why does he do nice things for Dao and take care of him so well? Why does he notice the days where Daonuea is weak and cheers him up?

How was he supposed to stop himself from falling now? Why does he keep falling for someone who breaks his heart?

Daonuea just wants to cut off his feelings and get over Khabkluen. But damn, it was difficult.