9//This Fleeting Feeling

The Host's POV

"Hoooosssst." "Don't listen to-"

"Hooooossssst."

I hurt (Y/N).

"You did good." "No! Stop talking to him!"

"You're a writer. You can control her. You can make her-"

"Stop!"

"Host? Are you okay?"

Everything spun, (Y/N)'s voice faded out, and I saw Him.

Author.

The False Author.

"Host. You are no longer in control of your story. I'll be taking over from here."

"N-No you w-won't!"

"Stay away from him!"

"Host? I'm right here..."

"You cannot tell me what to do. Begone!"

"Auuugh!!!"

...

"Auth-thor?"

...

"Y-You k-k-k-killed him!"

"No. I sent him away, back to where he should've gone. I'm quite amused, actually. You've gaslit yourself into thinking I was the good guy. How did you ever manage that?"

"... What? No, st-t-top! You're a g-g-g-good person! Auth-thor!"

"Hush! Don't make me take away your voice, too. I've taken your eyes, and that only made you more powerful. Who knows what no tongue will do to a person like you."

I went silent, then fell to my hands and knees.

"T-Too b-b-bad you won't be able to d-do anything."

"Host, don't you-"

WHAM.

"HOST! NO, STOP!"

WHAM.

"HOST, DON'T!"

I heard (Y/N)'s voice again, and felt her grab me, holding me close to her. I struggle for a moment... she's trembling.

"You're stupid. You should rewrite her story. You've observed her long enough to consider changing her life."

"It's... wrong..." I mumble out. My head hurts.

"HOST! WE... oh my god... I need to get you to the hospital."

"Rewrite her story."

I slowly shake my head, his voice laughing and fading away. "No... watch..." Wearily, I pull away from (Y/N). She holds onto my hand just in case I need her.

"The... Host..." Augh... it hurts so much. "The... Host... puts a hand up... to his head..." I do so. "... and realised... his head injury wasn't there." It disappears, and I feel much, much better.