Burning Memories~Chapter 7

~Kazuko's POV~

"What... What do you mean?" I asked. To be honest, Shigure was kind of scaring me.

"Oh, it's nothing, really." Shigure smiled. "I just have a habit of talking to myself." Shigure lifted his hand to brush a lock of black hair from his glittering eyes.

"Oh? Really?" I backed up as Shigure neared me, an egregious gleam in his eyes. "Is something the matter?"

Shigure inhaled deeply, closing his yes.

"No, excuse me. I'm tired." Shigure lifted his arms and stretched, yawning. "So I'm going to make a call, and you can read this." Shigure pulled a book off the bookshelf and threw it towards me. I caught it and opened it, beginning to read. "I'll be back soon, Kazuko. You don't have to worry."

"I'm not worried, Shigure. Go make the call if it's so important." I stated bluntly. Shigure nodded, leaving the room.

The book really wasn't all that bad. It was wonderful, actually. I was so surprised when I learned that Shigure was such a wonderful author.

"Oh, I wonder what he put down in the acknowledgements." I muttered, flipping to the back of the book.

Written was, 'A big thank you to Mitchan, my editor. Although you tried to kidnap me and force me to write on New Years, (which was a traumatizing experience, thank you very much) I still appreciate you being there. Although you were there for me a tad too much (you even crumpled up my kite!'

I sighed. Honestly, this man was too much. I felt bad for his poor editor Mitchan.

"I'm done, Kazuko!" Shigure called. "He'll be here soon!"

"Wait, who'll be here?" I jumped, dropping the book as Shigure came through the door.

"You'll see." He chuckled menacingly.

"Okay, you're kind of scaring me now." I lifted my hand to protect myself as he continued his creepy laughs. "Just tell me who it is."

All of a sudden, a sharp scream was heard from outside. Shigure laughed like it was nothing, but the scream seemed frightened.

"What's going on?!" I shouted as I heard another scream.

"GET OFF OF ME!" Now I recognized the screaming voice. It was Yuki! I ran as fast as I could out the door to see what all the commotion was about. When I stepped outside, I saw Tohru and Kyo, backing up from Yuki. But it wasn't just Yuki. There was another man, one who wore bright red robes and had long, silky white hair. His hair went down to his waist, and his eyes were the color of melted gold. This man hooked his arm with Yuki, who had his mouth open in a shout, trying to pull himself out of the strong grip.

"Eeh?!" I exclaimed, pointing at the white haired man. "Who are YOU?" Both Yuki and the newcomer stopped their antics to look towards me, eyes wide with surprise. They had the same exact expression. Nothing was different except their eye color: the color of amber compared to the color of blooming violets.

"Kazuko." Yuki noticed.

"Wow, you guys look exactly the same!" I gasped as I observed the matching faces. "You guys are so much alike!"

"Usagi-san, please, you're going to rile him up." Yuki told me, an exasperated voice forming these words.

"What do you mean?"

"Of course we look alike!" The new man cried with joy, looking up into the sky, tightening his arm around Yuki's. "After all, brothers SHOULD match up!"

Wait. Back up a bit. Did I hear this guy right? Did he say brother? Did he say that he was Yuki's BROTHER? "BROTHER?!" I cried in shock.

"Yes!" The white haired man cheered. "Pleased to meet you! My name is Ayame Sohma, and I am Yuki's older brother! I've heard all about YOU, of course, YOU'RE Kazuko Usagi! Why, Tohru-kun here has told me all about you and your situation!"