Part 3-The Hero Exam

CC POV:

I wake up as I would normally, still tired and hating everything. I get up to go make breakfast when I see two slices of bacon open sitting on a folded napkin. Walking closer to it, I see a note that reads, "I made breakfast for you. Don't worry it's not poisoned. -Y/N" As soon as I read this, I immediately run to Y/N's room and open the door, they weren't in there. I start to panic thinking they're pulling a prank on me. Just as the sentence runs across my head, another note on the fridge says, "I'm not playing a prank on you. Just decided to go train early in the morning. -Y/N".

CC: "That son of a bitch," I mumble aloud. 

Back to me! Your sexy narrator. 

Knowing that the closest hero testing building is in a further city, you wanted to get there just in time. You order an Uber that takes you to another stop, roughly 2 kilometers away. You liked a nice walk to get your blood pumping. While walking there, you look at your watch to see that it's now 7, and you were in the surrounding city. The tests don't start until 9, so you had 2 hours to kill. You walk around to observe the area. You realize that this area is much MUCH nicer than your whole city. The buildings are clean, there are more social aspects and commerce, you can only think, (How the hell do people afford to live here?). Just then, another monster appears. It starts trashing the area and scaring people. You read about the types of threat levels of monsters, and this one seemed to be a threat-level Wolf. However, the situation feels familiar, it's not clear until the monster picks up a random lady and throws her to the ground. Then it hits you, you are in the exact same spot that you were in your nightmare. Pushing past that, you instinctively charge toward the monster and proceed to distort the air around your hand, causing fire and lightning to wildly flash from your hand. When the monster sees you, it's too late for him. You punch him right in its midsection and it explodes, this time no guts. Wanna know why, cause you frickin disintegrated him, so nothing but ashes and a red mist exploded from your attack. The lady on the ground and the people around you are in disarray. The lady is injured, but not severely.

Y/N: "You alright Miss?" you ask her. She nods her head silently. Just then, some guy (probably her boyfriend) comes rushing from the crowd. The two hug and the guy turns to you.

Boyfriend: "Hey you, Hero! Thank you some much for saving my fiancé. I don't know how to thank you." 

He expresses his gratitude while reaching in his jack pocket and pulling something out. He brings out his wallet, but you being the super honest dumbass you are, put your hands on his.

Y/N: "Oh no sir, I'm not a Pro hero. Not yet that is. You don't need to tip me either." you say humbly. 

Boyfriend: "No no, I insist. I'm sure you'd be grateful if someone saved your partner." he then offers a slightly wrinkled $50 Bill. (OPM uses Japanese Yen for currency. But I'll use dollars instead.) You hesitate to take the money, but then you realize, that $50 in City Z is enough to pay for a month's rent! You politely take the money and thank the man. While you acted humble on the outside, your heart was screaming in pure pride and cockiness.

Scene Change WOOO!

Genos: "Hmmm."

Saitama: "What are you doing."

Genos finishes speculating the scene, he just saw you take out the monster.

Genos: "Master, that person just killed that monster."

Saitama: "Ya so what?"

Genos: "Master, he did it with a single blow, just like you did."

Saitama: "Well that monster looked weak, I'm sure you could've taken it down with minimal hits too."