"Mom, Please Wake Up,

Michael sat in a chair with his knees up to his face. His brother was crying, Elizabeth had just calmed down. Michael looked at his father, he looked.. distressed. Michael had able to keep himself together, ignoring the few tears that escaped. He put his head on his knees and thought.
Is she gonna be okay? He asked, to no one really but was secretly hoping Melanie would answer.
"I'm not sure, I'm trying to fix her."
What does that mean? Fix her?
"She's broken for me. A lot happens up here."
Up where? In my brain? Michael said, confused, and if you could see his face you would be able to see the confusion.

"Not really, but I guess you could say that." Michael brought his head up again. He looked at his dad again. He ran his hands through his hair. Michael looked down. He was feeling pretty guilty.
"I'm sorry dad. I should've just gone to the store." He inhaled to prevent tears.
"I tried to go but Mom insisted. I mean you know how she is. I didn't expect this to happen-" he cut himself off when his dad put his hand on Michael's knee.
"It's.." he sighed. "It's not your fault. Who actually expected her to crash. If anything it's that stupid fucking drunk drivers fault.." he took his hand off Michael's knee. He put his face into his hands.
"I just hope she'll be ok..." and then his father stayed in that position.

Elizabeth had scooted her chair next to Michael's. She sat by Michael and wrapped her arm around Michael's. Michael put one of his knees down so they could be comfortable. Chris walked over to the both of them and sat on Elizabeth's chair. He hugged her. Lizzie looked up at Michael.
"Is mommy gonna be ok?" Michael looked down at her. Her face made him want to just burst out crying right there. She looked so sad and scared.
"Im-" he gulped and wiped his nose. "I'm not sure.."
"Oh.. ok.." she buried her face in Michael's arm.
He looked back at Chris. He was about to fall asleep.
"William Afton?" He lifted his face up.
"Yes?"

"She's ready to see you. Just be careful." Elizabeth jumped up.
"Mommy!" She jolted out of her chair causing Chris to fall down on the chair. She ran up to the doctor.
"I wanna go! I wanna go!" Chris was about to start crying, but Michael picked him up.
"Shh. It's okay. We're gonna go see mommy." He softly smiled. Chris wiped his tears.
"Really?!" Michael nodded.
"Cmon!" He attempted to run in Michael's arms. Michael set him down and he ran off. His father watched as his two youngest ran down the hall of the hospital.
"C'mon dad." Michael said. William looked up at his son. Michael extended his arm for his father to grab. He grabbed it and Michael helped him stand up.

William started walking, with Michael's hand in his. Michael looked at their hands and smiled. William didn't hold his hand very much. They walked in the room and his mom smiled at the sight of William and Michael.
"Hi." She said, Lizzie and Chris were already surrounding her. So Michael and William watched them talk to her.
"Mommy! Are you ok?!" Lizzie asked.
"I could be better. I'm good enough to see you though." She smiled at her.
"Mommy.." Chris said, tearing up.
"Aw, don't cry baby." She brushed her hand on his cheek.
"I'll be ok." He looked at the ground.
"Come here." She extended her arms. Lizzie and Chris hugged her. She hugged them tight.
"I love you guys." She kissed their heads. Lizzie giggled.

Lea looked out the little window in the door. She saw someone waving to her
"Why don't you two go out in the hall? I think someone's waiting for you." They ran to the door. Michael looked at the door. It was Henry.
"Uncle Henry!" Lizzie and Chris yelled. They ran out to him and hugged him.
"Heya guys!" Henry said. Michael chuckled at him. The door swung closed and the room was silent. The only noise was the beeping noise of the monitor.
"Michael." His mom said, speaking up. He looked at her. "Come here." He walked over to her. He looked down at her. She was covered in bandages. And she already had a few stitches. Her leg was also broken. Michael looked down at the ground.
"I'm sorry mom." He said, his voice cracking.

"I should've just gone and got the medicine for you. This is-"
"No." His mother said. He looked at her face.
"This is not your fault." She stared him in the eyes. He stared back. He knew she meant it. But no doubt he would have the underlying guilt buried deep into his brain.
"I know you tend to blame yourself for things. I want you to know that you did not do anything. I was wrong. I should've listened to you." She sighed. Michael swallowed and then hiccuped. He wiped his nose with his hoodie sleeve.
"You can cry Michael. I won't judge you. I would be crying if this were you." Michael nodded and hiccuped again. Tears falling out of his face. He wiped them immediately and looked away.