THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It's almost here." Mike spoke ominously, trying his best to get reactions out of his friends in which surrounded the table. Charlie and Will sat across from the black haired boy, Lucas and Dustin on either side of them.

"What is it?" Will questioned, basically speaking for everyone else. Charlie nodded along with him, curious as to what the answer would be.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin questions, the slight lisp in his voice as he spoke. He still hadn't grown in his front teeth, so his speech was slightly impaired whenever he would talk.

"Oh, shit, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Charlie groaned out, leaning back in her chair just as everyone else did. She ran her hands through her hair, biting her lip nervously. If it was the Demogorgon, they'd probably be done for at this point.

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas spoke, his hands going up defensively. Charlie leaned forward in her chair once again, assuring to listen to everyone that had spoke. Despite how uncomfortable the chairs were getting due to the non-stop playing for the past 10 hours, she still managed to stay still and pay attention to the game.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike speaks loudly, slamming a piece down onto the table. Charlie let out a breath of relief, genuinely glad that it hadn't been the Demogorgon.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin questioned, glaring across the table at Lucas.

"Told ya." Lucas responded with a slight chuckle, everyone around him giggling softly. Charlie's smile was wide for a split second, though, when Mike began whispering quietly, it faded as quickly as it came.

"Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That.. that sound? Boom.. Boom.." Mike spoke softly, his voice obviously changed from his past shouting about the game. "Boom!" He yelled with a slam of his hands against the table, everyone suddenly becoming startled at the change in tone. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that-- that came from something else. The Demogorgon!" Mike finished with a yell, slamming one another piece onto the board which lay on the table. A line of groans from just about everyone followed, their heads leaning back in annoyance.

"We're in deep shit." Charlie exclaimed, her hand slamming down on the table just as everyone else's had. She, once again, adjusted her hair out of her face due to her leaning back in her chair, one another groan emitting from her throat.

"Will, your action!" Mike demanded from across the table, staring Will dead in the eyes as he did so. Charlie-- and everyone else around the table for that matter, payed hard attention to what Will was about to say, assuring that it would help the team out.

"I don't know!" Will groaned out, genuinely not knowing what he should be doing in this situation. Despite the fact it was his play, everyone around him-- with the exception of Charlie and Mike-- began giving him suggestions that were more like demands.

"Fireball him!" Lucas shouted, his hands slamming on the table softly.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will responded worriedly. Rolling 13 or higher only gave them a 7 out of 20 chance, so it was pretty risky in all honesty. There were 13 out of 20 chances that it could go wrong, and Will wasn't sure if he wanted to take that chance.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell." Dustin spoke from the side, the groups vision diverting toward the curly haired boy.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas argued, his vision returning to Will's face, which was contorted with confusion and confliction.