Prologue:

"A sky full of stars, but he's staring at Her."

jane grew up in an abusive home in lenora, indiana. she was only 7 years old when she saw her mother get hit for the first time. it pained her, but she didn't really know what it meant. "why would her father ever want to do that?", she thought day after day. It continued for another two years of screaming, yelling, and hitting. there was one day she distinctly remembers. one day she thought it was her last- (to be finished describing in another chapter.)

she ended up moving in with the chief of police, which took her a while to get used too. he was the one that got the call of screaming in the trailer park. he was the one to took her out of that house and sat jane in his car and told her everything was going to be okay. the only one who showed her his affection. everyone just thought it was another kid in an abusive home/household, but he saw it as more than that. hopper was his name. she knew she was safe with him but she always had her worries-her doubts. after living in lenora up to 8th grade summer, they had to move because of a job offer in hawkins.

they moved into this cabin- cottage-like house. it was everything she dreamed of. divided off from people, lonely in the woods, and her room had the best view of the stars. that was something big about jane, she loved the stars. her and her mom would go outside and lay on the ground looking up at the night sky whenever they had the chance. no worries, no cares. her mother taught her all different types of constellations. that was something she would never forget about her mother. the stars... fast forward to the night before her first day of freshman year, where she felt sick to her stomach.

will jane find new friends and friendships?

or could it maybe, just maybe, be something more? something never in a million years did she think she would find?...

Jane "El" Eleanor Hopper

Mike Wheeler

background information:

set in hawkins, indiana

year: 1985

season: beginning of august, still warm, but at night gets chilly enough for a sweater

mike wheeler age: 15 (it should be 14  for both, but I decided just to just round up :)

jane hopper age:15

*2 new chapters everyday, if I miss a day I will make it up the next

example:

i missed one day, the next day will have 4 chapters posted*

---

*trigger warning*

      Some sensitive and emotional topics will be coming up, mention of abuse and death- if so, they will be listed at the top of the chapters :)

---

a/n: thank you so much for reading!!! i am very grateful for you to be

reading this right now<3

@madmileven gave me a idea for this so go check that users book!!!<3

*pls comment what think and anything you feel I could improve on!!!*