During A Rainstorm

As the rain poured outside of the medicine den, Riverside was giving birth to a miracle. (I'm not gonna go too into detail for this part because I'm terrible at writing birth scenes-)

A spotted kit was born, and was now suckling at her mother's belly. Wingkit felt slightly jealous, now that she had a sister, since she wouldn't get as much attention now. But, she also felt that it was her responsibility to protect that little kit, and teach her new things. So in a way, she felt more pride than jealousy. "Wingkit, meet your new little sister." Riverside let Wingkit sniff at the small kit that couldn't see her. "What's her name?" Wingkit looked Riverside with love swelling in her heart. "How about you decide?" Rhineshine purred. "Really? Okay then." Wingkit started thinking of potential names for the small body in front of her. 'Lilackit would be a nice name, though Specklekit would be cute too.' Then Wingkit looked towards the outside of the medicine den. "I've got it. Her name will be Rainkit." Wingkit touched her nose to Rainkit's head. "Rainkit? That's a wonderful name." Riverside would touch her muzzle to Rhineshine's, and then touch her nose to her two kits. 'A wonderful name. Just like how Rainkit will grow to be a wonderful person.' Wingkit cuddled up beside her sightless sister, and only the sound of rain filled her ears.

Six days later, Wingkit nuzzled her sister, trying to get her to open her eyes. "Come on, Rainkit, wakey wakey, you've got to open your eyes so I can teach you everything." "All in good time, Wingkit. She'll open her eyes when she's ready." Riverside nuzzled her kit, as if to tell her to have patience. "But why not noooww?" Wingkit impatiently whined. "Because she's not ready. But, it will be due soon. Just give her some patience." Just as soon as Riverside said that, Rainkit sneezed. Her eyes started to blink open, and Wingkit wagged her tail in excitement. "Well, would you look at that. Her eyes are just as blue as her father's." Riverside commented. She wasn't wrong. Rainkit's eyes looked just as crystaly blue as Rhineshine's. She then sneezed again, and squinted.

A blurry outline of Riverside and Wingkit clouded her gaze. She tilted her head at the blurred beings. "Hi, Rainkit!" Wingkit booped her sister. Rainkit sneezed again.