chapter 1- welcome to Megapolis! we all going to hell ahaha

Fire alarms went off across Megapolis City causing civilians to panic.

Cars across traffic would move out the way as the bright ruby truck speeded across the streets and roads, honking once in a while to make stubborn civilians move out the way, lives where at stake!

Heat waves of the giant mountains of fire spread across the once beautiful restaurant on 60th Street besides megapolis blvd, the chief took a sharp turn as they pass by 59th avenue.

Firefighters held onto the railings and sides to keep themselves stable during the chief's driving.

Their eyes squinted as the roads where submerged into thick smoke, almost making it hard to drive around, but years after driving the same roads they knew every inch like the back of their hand.

The breaks hit in an instant as they parked besides the firehydrants, everyone got out as the fire chief started to command orders, one by one they started to unravel the fire hose and attach them towards the hydrants.

Y/n wiped a sweat as she tighten the knob tight, making sure the hose wouldn't loosen and hit anyone, once making a 3rd check she gave a thumbs up to her co-workers.

She closed her visor , her nomex hood helped keep any smoke out , her giant ruby helmet glowed by the heating fire infront of them along with her fireproof suit, her axe neatly strapped onto her waist along with a flashlight.

The fire spread by the second as it engulfed small businesses, chipping way every single thing.

"MOVE MOVE MOVE! team 1 clear out this perimeter, team 2 help team 1 and get ready to barge to the second floor, there has been reports of 2 civilians stuck inside ! Bla bla bla"

The chief waved their hands left and right , without missing a beat everyone got into formation and started to clear out the fire, once diminished they started to head towards the door, one of her crew touch the doorknob.

"Its burning, lets try the window!" They exclaimed while marching towards the windows, if the door was opened at that instant they would of been engulf in flames like a flametrower.

Y/n marched towards the window and without hesitation broke it with her axe, millions of glass shards scattered onto the onced polished floors, crunching beneath the heavy combat boots of the heroes as they entered the building.

--

"Do you hear that?" A little demon whispered while coughing out the smoke, their parent looked around in worry as the fire was getting closer and closer.

Their ears perked up as they heard yelps of people falling, they looked at each other in confusion.

---

"Fuck-" her co-partner Kai cursed as the staircase collapsed against their footing, causing them to fall downwards and collapse back to the first floor.

Everyone hurried to get them up again while being cautious on the broken pieces of wooden planks and railing, kai's green eyes where unfocused as they where lifted up onto their feet and leaned onto their other partner Kio, a rock demon with aquatic designed arms and well built frame, his brown locks damped in his sweat as he tried to wipe some drops from his face.

Kio looked down onto the small male and smiled akwardly, being carefull to keep their co-worker onto their feet as they checked for any major injuries while the others tried to find another way up.

"Shi-let go off me you big ogre-i can still walk!" Kai growled while trying to scramble out from the strong embrace, only to hiss in pain as a stinging pain was sent to their spine, loosing their footing, kio noticed and sighted.