Baseline.

You wouldn't see the problem until after you committed a crime under the Minister.

In which, Lapis was that person. There were others that were close, but still.

For the longest time, the Minister of Fiore kept their intentions to a low. Never showed themselves, never made stupid rules, never damaged the sector, or anything else. So no one suspected anything wrong with this policy. The Rangers never were told no about anything. In fact, whenever they weren't alerted about something, a mysterious message from the Minister would arrive at the base nearest to the situation to alert them and order them to take care of the problem. But the Minister hardly rejected their assistance, such as the times Star Ruby would stop a large-scale attack upon the sector or anything else. They never argued as they were grateful for the Minister's watchful eye.

There were other things that the Minister never prevented. Always welcomed the other Rangers despite being from other Ministers' areas and made sure everything was moving smoothly. The only thing that the Minister went against was things the Rangers were worried about; the two temples near Summerland and Wintown. But it was easy to respect that choice.

But what they learned later was a rule that hit the Rangers hard. Something that wasn't discovered until after Lapis committed the crime.